Upgrade Error Message

Oct 8, 2014 at 5:39 AM
I have just upgraded from 4 to 5 everything seems to be working, but when opening a forum I am getting the following error message at the bottom of the page.

Error: Birdline Forums is currently unavailable. DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Unable to cast object of type 'Active.Modules.Forums.Controls.PagerNav' to type 'DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Controls.PagerNav'. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Active.Modules.Forums.Controls.PagerNav' to type 'DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Controls.PagerNav'. at DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Controls.TopicsView.BuildPager() at DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Controls.TopicsView.BindTopics(String TopicsTemplate) at DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Controls.TopicsView.OnLoad(EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Can anyone possibly help me please.

The forums are here -

http://www.birdline.org.uk/portalid/0/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

Although a Registered User account is required to be created to view them

Thank you

Chris
Oct 8, 2014 at 5:49 AM
You would probably get some better results over at github.com/jbrunken/activeforums

There have been several upgrades since 5. You should try to get upgraded as far as you can. However once you get past a certain point you are going to need DNN 7x+ and while I'm not sure it looks like your site may not be up there yet.

This looks like you may be having an issue with templates. Try messing around with the templates in control panel and see what happens. There is also one template setting in module settings for the overall forum template. I'm betting its one of those causing the problem but I may be way off base.

Again you would probably get a lot better responses over a github as that is where production and discussions are going on now instead of here on codeplex
Oct 8, 2014 at 5:54 AM
By the way I registered but still can't see the forums page. Its saying not authorized to view this page.