Language Packages for German, France and Italia

Nov 21, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Exists language Packages for German, France and Italia, for Active Forum?
If no, is Active Forum static Texts localizable so that i can localize Active Forum?
Nov 21, 2013 at 2:58 PM
There are currently no pre-built language packs for AF, but it can be localized yourself if you want to take the time to do so.

If you do come up with language packs, please post them here for others to download.
Nov 22, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Hi all

We have a german translation for ActiveForums 5.0.1 available for download on our website
The translation covers only the frontend bits and is de-CH (Swiss-German)
As soon as the new release will be out, we will update the translation for the most recent version and hopefully include backend translation as well.

@jbrunken: If you wish you can add this language pack to the downloads section on codeplex as well... we would be happy to contribute!

Cheers
Reto
Nov 22, 2013 at 1:55 PM
I've translate in Italian an AF 5.0.3
How may I export or create a Language pack to share?
Nov 22, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Hi skiank
  1. Go to Admin --> Languages
  2. Click on "Create Language Pack"
  3. Select "Italian" as Resource Locale
  4. Select "Module" as Resource Pack Type
  5. Select "Active Forum" as Module
  6. Click "Create"
  7. Find the Languagepack from wwwroot/Install/Language
Hope that helps
Reto
Nov 22, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Yeah, if you all want to create your own codeplex pages for your language packs, I can link to them from the project home page.

Otherwise, if you just want to provide the files, I can add them to the downloads section in this project.
Nov 22, 2013 at 2:53 PM
OK, easy! I've a Language pack for 5.0.4 (Italian)
And now... How may I share it with you? I cannot find an attachment function in discussion....
Nov 22, 2013 at 4:39 PM
You can just send the file with a brief description to jason at brunkens dot com and I'll add it to the file list.
Nov 22, 2013 at 4:42 PM
The other thing I might suggest is to just create a github repository for your language pack. GitHub now provides a windows based tool that makes it super easy to use.

I would prefer to do it that way and then provide the link to your github repository. That way you can easily update or add new versions without me (or anyone else) having to update anything here.
Nov 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Ok, I send it to you by email now. I'll work to an update for AF 5.1.0
Nov 24, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Hi.
I installed the module but I can't find in Admin>Languajes>Local resources>Desktop Modules the Active Forums sections.
Is it anywhere else?
Thank's in advance,
Oscar
Nov 25, 2013 at 5:41 AM
I don't do much localization work, so maybe someone else can jump in here and help.

However, I believe that you'll find it in Admin -> Languages -> Host -> Local Resources > DesktopModules -> Active Forums
Nov 25, 2013 at 6:13 AM
Hi Oscar

jbrunken is right, it should be where he pointed when you open the language-editor.
Do you see other modules beneath DesktopModules that you installed in the list?
Maybe you have to restart the application?
Nov 25, 2013 at 1:13 PM
I've the same problem! Under Admin -> Languages -> Host -> Local Resources > DesktopModules Active forum non appear! I've upgraded it to 5.1.0 and DNN 7.1.x

Under DesktopModules now I can see:
  • ActiveForumsTapatalk
  • Admin
  • Announcement
  • AuthenticationServices

Nov 25, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Same as skiank.
Dec 4, 2013 at 12:17 PM
obenito wrote:
Same as skiank.
After Active Forums 5.1 for DNN 7 stable, still the same