Regarding Parent Page updation in case of same page used multiple time.

Aug 5, 2013 at 7:04 AM
Dear Team,

I am novice programmer to Dot net nuke.

Login as Admin :
1) I add a page in Home -- Department. Department page have on Text/HTML module which have some lines ie (Welcome to DNN.)
2) Now click on Home page then add this page (Control Panel --> Add existing module) to Home Page.
3) Now as we can modifying data of Department Page, either from Home page or from Home--> Department page, which will be reflecting on both pages.
4) We want that modify option (Edit Text) must be available with Home --> Department page only. There must not be no editing option at Home page to edit Department page.

How to do that?
Please suggest as its very urgent for me and i am searching solution from Net from last two days.

I am using Sql Server 2008/DotNetNuke_Community_04.09.05_Source / ISS V5.1/ VS2008.

Please respond me as soon as possible.

Regards,
Vineet Yadav
Vineet_Kumar@newgen.co.in
Editor
Aug 5, 2013 at 7:07 AM
I think I understand you but I'm not sure.

If you add existing HTML module from one page on another and don't make a copy, you are referencing the existing module.

You have to select copy module to have 2 independent modules. I use this feature all of the time when I want to have the same content on multiple pages and only have to modify it in one place.

Is that what you were asking?
Aug 5, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Thanks Dear for your quick responses.

I also want to have same content on multiple pages and only have to modify it in one place.

But please explain in detail about "You have to select copy module to have 2 independent modules". Please explain. Also whether the same feature is available with 4.09.05 module or i have to update myself.

Problem 2:

I want last Updated Date in my site. As we are updating data in edition, concern table ([HtmlText] having CreatedDate) has been updated. Corresponding approach for this is using Tokens but i did not find any setting regarding this which can display CreatedDate.

Please suggest solution for above problem also.

Thanks in adavance....

I am using Sql Server 2008/DotNetNuke_Community_04.09.05_Source / ISS V5.1/ VS2008.

Thanks & Regards,
Vineet Yadav
Vineet_kumar@newgen.co.in
Aug 6, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Dear Supermansrf,

Please reply.

Thanks & Regards,
Vineet Yadav
Developer
Aug 6, 2013 at 2:51 PM
This discussion area is for the Active Forums module, not DNN itself. Please post your questions on dnnsoftware.com or stackoverflow.