Active Forums on 7.0.6 and vanity urls

Jul 30, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Using AF 5.0.4 on DNN 7.0.6

I've been over and over the config and troubleshooting for ActiveForums vanity urls. Stuck with getting 404s every time I enable them.

I have verified that the correct modifications have been made to the web.config, and checked with my hosting provider that the App Pool is running in integrated mode.

Has anyone got it working in 7.0.6? Was there a trick?

Dylan.
Jul 30, 2013 at 2:23 PM
I would suggest not using vanity URLs. They've never worked right in AF 5 and can cause various problems.
Jul 30, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I can't say I've tried using them either. I imagine you would need to rewrite the URLMaster plugin to make it work
Jul 30, 2013 at 2:54 PM
I wasn't too worried about using them, but I've observed that many of my notification emails from the forum arrive with the vanity url in the email (which then doesn't work.)

I haven't puzzled out why that happens so often, but the upshot was I was trying to get them working.

Never mind.
Jul 31, 2013 at 5:39 AM
I have it working, you have to delete the first member of URL in the settings for some reason, you can move it to the other field. It's a hack but we have it working.
Jul 31, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Do the vanity urls work with 5.0.4? I thought they stopped working after AF 4?

What code are u using in the web.config for the vanity urls to work with AF 5.0.4?
Aug 11, 2013 at 8:26 AM
They work in 5.0.4 (with DNN 7.1). I didn't do anything in the web.config, only in the Forum setup. Most of the 404's I used to get with the previous AF 5's I gone, except the one after posting a reply.