Display Name = Anonymous in Active Topics and Unanswered Topics

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:28 AM
I recently upgraded my forums and I noticed that instead of display names of Anonymous users, Active Topics and Unanswered Topics templates are now showing them Anonymous. I have opened 2-3 forums for anonymous users. All this time, AF has always allowed Anonymous Users to start/reply without logging in?

Are the new developers moving aways from allowing anonymous users to participate in forums without creating any account? Or is this just a glitch?

Topic Subject
Started Today @ 3:55 PM by Anonymous Replies: 3
Views: 94 Last Post: Today @ 4:16 PM
By: Dumb New Yorker:
Forum Name
Apr 24, 2013 at 5:59 AM
No, we are not moving away from Anonymous users being able to post. This is just a side effect of the code refactoring in the latest version. Please submit a new issue so that it doesn't get forgotten about.

For the record, if you enable anonymous users, there is nothing preventing the user from entering the name/displayname of a registered user. For this reason, I think the display should always have something to indicate that the user is an anonymous user.
Apr 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Thank you, Jason. I will submit it as an issue.

I don't know whether you remember but we had red/green dots next to users who created/replied to topics when they are logged in. It not only showed whether the user is currently online/offline but also was great to know whether the Display name was authentic. I don't see that anymore. Also, currently, Profile Image can be shown next to a logged in user's post as oppose to anonymous user's post.

On the other hand, even a registered member can change his display name, unless you make the display name unique. My website does not allow registration if I make Display Name unique for some reason.

Thanks again for responding and your time.