Active Forums "unofficial" website

Editor
Apr 20, 2013 at 3:15 AM
To anyone interested, we have a new website devoted to Active Forums that is live now in addition to the AF Facebook page.

We are going to use this avenue to help promote the project, gain support in the way of developers and contributors, and help make this amazing product even better.

Come check us out!!! We would appreciate everyone's support. Getting the word out is the best way to get an open source project the help it needs. Currently there are a handful of people working on this. Imagine what it would be like with a few dozen?

activeforums.org
Apr 20, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Please tell me what's wrong with collaborating on codeplex? What happens if you decide to shut your down or start charging the members?
Editor
Apr 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Nobody said anything about taking the project off codeplex. We are just really limited on what we can do on codeplex.

Our purpose is to gain support and get people involved who are actually contributing to better the product.

It really isn't fair that one person works his butt off to help and has no support. And we can't really gain followers or even have a good place to share ideas and show off things on codeplex.

If we ever decide that we don't want to handle the site any more, someone else can take it over or we leave it there to die.

The project still remains on codeplex. If you go look everything points back to the codeplex page anyway.
Apr 20, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Edited Apr 25, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Dont take this the wrong way, but if this project can get support on your website it will get support here too. If codeplex is not going away then aren't you and the other developers wasting their energy on both the sites? Also, all other people will now have an additional website to go too. U know how Will started saying he does not monitor ActiveModules anymore so post on Comm Exchange on DNN or codeplex and then just stopped monitoring everything? My point is that everyone will have to monitor all different websites (including you and the developers). And one day everyone will just give up on all the websites. Also, Activeform material is already on 3-4 different websites why the 4-5th one now?

Remember DNNOSphere? It was based on the same idea. Other people contributed to it. Had some very nice tutorials but now it's gone. I don't think Codeplex is going to go away. If he does go away, they will give you heads up so you can then transfer everything to a new website.

Also, if everything points to codeplex when even have the website, unless u think codeplex is going to go away? I mean your website is good but I think it just waste of time and energy. You can showcase other websites here add documents etc here.

I know you want to be helpful and trust me when I say this. I have thought about creating a new website for DNN Users and ActiveForum Users when I did not get any help or other people did not get any help on the forums over there. But then I thought by creating a different venue I was just doing a disservice because I am dividing the helpers by asking them to come my website. How many would have followed?

Just saying.