How to get rid of Profile Links

Apr 18, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Hi, we would like to remove all links to user profiles inside the Forum. Is there any way to do this? We didn't find any setting, but maybe this can be achieved by replacing the DisplayName Tokens inside Forum templates?

Thanks for help.
Coordinator
Apr 18, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Currently, there's not a good way to do this.

The only thing I can suggest is to use custom versions of the various templates and replace the AF DisplayName token with whatever you want to use. The down side to using custom templates is that they don't get upgraded when the default templates change (and I do expect there to be some changes in the near future).

I would suggest adding this to the issue tracker. I don't believe that there would be a huge amount of work involved in adding this capability into the forum settings.
Coordinator
Apr 19, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Note that the 5.0.4 beta that I just posted now included the ability to turn off profile links.
Apr 19, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Wow thanks. Will that version also be available for DNN 6.2? Since we run the forum on that version.
Coordinator
Apr 19, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Unfortunately, no. 5.0.3 is the last version available for DNN 6.2. Nobody is actively maintaining the 6.2 branch anymore.

However, the functionality that makes this work is in 6.2, there is just no UI for it.

You could manually modify the module settings in the database and set the profiletype to 0. That should disable the links.
Apr 19, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Ok, thanks for the info. I will have our developer look into it.

best regards