More on "Critical error after Upgrade to 6.2.7"

Apr 11, 2013 at 9:53 PM
More on this error happening since upgrading to 6.2.7 and AF to 5.0.3.

Continuing to find what is causing the error I found this in the web.config

<add name="ForumsReWriter" type="Active.Modules.Forums.ForumsReWriter, Active.Modules.Forums.40" preCondition="managedHandler" />

Commented it out and the forum disappeared altogether.

Q. If Active.Modules.Forums is not used anymore, what is going here? Should it be changed to "DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums"?

I thought that move to 6.2.7 with Active Social that AS was the problem not Active Forums. Any ideas what to do here please.
Apr 12, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Okay Riddle Me this.

As I said above I commented out the line above and the Forum disappeared. So I go looking for it. First I look in Page Management . Modules and it is not there, no AF module on the page. So look in the Recycle Bin. Its not there either. So I look at Extensions and Active Forums is not listed. Nothing Zip.

Now I look at the DB and Active Forums is gone all the tables are missing. Look in the content folders and they are there but there are changes that I notice. eg. The images/ranks folder that was missing then turned up with images for ranks is still there but the images are gone except for two custom ones. They are still there.

The whole module has somehow deleted itself along with the tables.

No I didn't delete anything.

I guess I'm going to have to restore but I'm going to install the AF 5.0.3 module again. Also did this on my staging site and the same thing has happened.

What I did.

Comment out this line in the web.config "<add name="ForumsReWriter" type="Active.Modules.Forums.ForumsReWriter, Active.Modules.Forums.40" preCondition="managedHandler" />"

What's going on?
Apr 12, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Solved. Geez what next. My Host (PowerDNN) saw that Active Forums was causing probs so they deleted it.

" i have made a backup of your site, and removed the active forums extensions from the site so that you can test and see if you are still getting the error without the active forums installed."

Nearly had a heart attack. lol
Apr 14, 2013 at 6:47 PM
That's the old rewriter command from AF 4.0. Evidently it doesn't get updated in the upgrade process (or the upgrade didn't work properly).

If you go into the AF settings page (as Host) there is an option to re-install the properly friendly URL handler.

That's definitely an item to add tot he FAQ.

-JB
Apr 15, 2013 at 3:16 AM
Edited Apr 15, 2013 at 3:51 AM
FAQ? Where's that?

I forgot. In the AF Settings. Advanced Options > Enable Friendly URL's Yes No (checked) and Uninstall Active Forums URL Handler.

Current setting is No. Do I Uninstall first then check Yes or just go Yes?
Apr 15, 2013 at 4:39 AM
Does that setting work in AF5? It's not working for me.
Apr 18, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Frozen. Seemed to work for me [AF5.0.3] although I had manually edited the web.config. There was a delay while the URLs were were written. The few I have checked have Friendlies.