port resource file overwritten

Apr 4, 2013 at 7:13 PM
This wasn't a big deal for my particular situation, but it would be good to look into for the future.

When I upgraded, my portal resource file for active forums was overwritten with what appears to be some test data. So, my custom property labels no longer rendered.
Apr 4, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Did you modify the resource files as a "system" modification, or HOST or SITE? If system, then yes, they will get changed every upgrade.
Apr 4, 2013 at 8:54 PM
I'm not 100% of the sequence of events, but the way I perceive it, I did not edit the resource file at all until I discovered this problem.

Basically, I created a custom property before the upgrade. It is my understanding that doing that created an entry in the portal resource file (though I didn't know that at the time). The property label field in AF automatically was populated with [RESX:Task-Status]. It correctly rendered in my topic list view as "Task Status".

At that point, I hadn't touched a resource file directly.

After the upgrade, Task Status, my property label, didn't show up. Nothing did, except the property value. That's when I looked in the resource file and discovered the only thing in it appeared to be test data.
Apr 4, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Ahhhh gotcha, well it sounds like AF didn't follow the proper resource creation then. I haven't used those myself, so I am not sure exactly what gets created/used.

I assumed you had made changes to the RESX files yourself.