encoding issues, question mark inside black diamond

Apr 4, 2013 at 4:43 AM
I have encoding issues in active forums. In a couple of different places, I am getting question marks inside black diamonds. It doesn't matter what skin I use.

Is this something others have problems with too?
Editor
Apr 4, 2013 at 4:45 AM
Where? I'm having issues with the little icons to the left of options in control panel (the tooltip icons). I've been trying to track down the css for this and try to fix but I thought I was alone. Does this sound similar?
Apr 4, 2013 at 5:48 AM
I have them on the topic list view, just to the left of the author name, and to the right of a custom property names.
Apr 4, 2013 at 6:03 AM
I actually just realized that those characters were actually showing up in the default template. I removed them from there and they are no longer a problem.
Apr 4, 2013 at 8:56 AM
I have had the same problems for years. It occurs when using international characters like the Danish "æ", "ø" and "å" in templates. When saving the template the first time it will look ok, but when editing the template and saving it again, the characters are replaced with the diamond symbol.

It would be nice with a fix, but until then, you just need to replace the diamond everytime you edit a template with special characters.
Apr 4, 2013 at 6:11 PM
I've never used international characters, so I don't know what has caused them for me. But you are correct it seems in that they show up in the template when you edit it and can be removed.