Can the Beta version be installed onto an existing install?

Apr 2, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Can the Beta version be installed onto an existing install, either a previous Beta or 5.x?
Developer
Apr 2, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Yes, just tell it to "repair" when you do the install
Developer
Apr 2, 2013 at 7:51 PM
There was a SQL change I believe from Beta 1 to 2 (i think) so you might have to run SQL manually
Editor
Apr 2, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Was that only if you installed beta 1? Any clue?

Also any way of knowing from the install if I have beta 1 installed?
Developer
Apr 2, 2013 at 7:59 PM
It was only if you installed B1, you'll have to check the the forum posts from jbrunken for specifics.

As for how to tell, see what version of AF dnn thinks you have. If 5.0.3 you're safe and can go straight to B3
Apr 2, 2013 at 9:59 PM
I tried to install it over 5.03 and it failed with the following error.

SQL Execution resulted in following Exceptions: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'dbo.egg_sysobjects'. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider.ExecuteScriptInternal(String connectionString, String script) ClientConnectionId:a328c507-63f0-453d-8d89-9ea76593da22 -- Update Moderation Paths UPDATE dbo.egg_CoreMessaging_NotificationTypeActions SET APICall = N'DesktopModules/ActiveForums/API/ModerationService/ApprovePost' WHERE APICall = N'DesktopModules/ActiveForums/API/ModerationService.ashx/ApprovePost' UPDATE dbo.egg_CoreMessaging_NotificationTypeActions SET APICall = N'DesktopModules/ActiveForums/API/ModerationService/RejectPost' WHERE APICall = N'DesktopModules/ActiveForums/API/ModerationService.ashx/RejectPost' UPDATE dbo.egg_CoreMessaging_NotificationTypeActions SET APICall = N'DesktopModules/ActiveForums/API/ModerationService/DeletePost' WHERE APICall = N'DesktopModules/ActiveForums/API/ModerationService.ashx/DeletePost' UPDATE dbo.egg_CoreMessaging_NotificationTypeActions SET APICall = N'DesktopModules/ActiveForums/API/ModerationService/IgnorePost' WHERE APICall = N'DesktopModules/ActiveForums/API/ModerationService.ashx/IgnorePost' IF EXISTS (SELECT * FROM dbo.egg_sysobjects WHERE id = OBJECT_ID(N'[DF__activefor__creat__7B863AD4]') AND type = 'D') BEGIN ALTER TABLE dbo.[egg_activeforums_SearchCache] DROP CONSTRAINT [DF__activefor__creat__7B863AD4] END
Developer
Apr 3, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Looks like there's an extra {objectQualifier} in the script, I just checked in a change to the script that should fix it (I believe)
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2013 at 3:45 AM
Sorry, I must have gotten a bit cut&paste happy when I wrote that sql script.

I just posted an updated build that has christoc's changes.
Editor
Apr 3, 2013 at 3:50 AM
So I'm confused on one of my websites. I really think that I installed the beta 1 but I'm not sure. I just installed the beta 3 on it. Do I need to run that additional sql script, or a) is it built in to the beta 3 or b) will it really hurt if not to just run the script anyway?
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2013 at 4:14 AM
If you installed beta 1 and you want moderation to work properly, you need to run the sql script from beta 3.

Download the version that I just posted and just grab the 5.0.4 SQL script out of the SQL directory. You can run it through the host SQL tool. Rerunning it multiple times will not cause any problems, but not running it at least once will.

Alternatively, you can just run the SQL block that I included in my post about Beta 2 last week.
Apr 4, 2013 at 4:40 AM
The new build worked for me. Thanks!