FromatException when reading AllowRSS setting

Mar 7, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Hi,

I have upgraded AF 3.6.8 standard to to 5.0.2. I followed steps provided by DNN staff. After upgrading to 5.0.2, I am getting following FormatException when trying to view forums. I am using .net 3.5 not .net 4.0. DNN version 06.02.05 (24).

System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid Boolean. at System.Boolean.Parse(String value) at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToBoolean(IFormatProvider provider) at System.Convert.ToBoolean(Object value) at DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Controls.ForumView.FillForumRow(DataRow dr)

I looked into ForumView source and the error is happening at:

fi.AllowRSS = !(string.IsNullOrEmpty(dr["AllowRSS"].ToString())) && Convert.ToBoolean(dr["AllowRSS"]);
In the database 'AllowRSS' value is a string "0" but Convert.ToBoolean is throwing the exception. Did I miss some step. Do I need to fix all settings using script or is the import script or something didn't work correctly?

Thanks,
Ana
Mar 11, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Ana
Mar 11, 2013 at 4:42 PM
There are some known issues with old settings values that sometimes require manual intervention to fix.

You mention that you're running AF 5.0.2. If that's the case, I'd recommend upgrading to the latest version 5.0.3). I don't know if it will resolve your issue, but there are a number of items resolved in 5.0.3.
Mar 11, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Also, can you get into the control panel?
Mar 11, 2013 at 9:41 PM
I have changed the setting to 'false' using a sql update and it works fine. I don't think I was able to get to control panel when the AllowRSS was set to 0, I don't exactly remember since I made the change few days ago

Thanks,
Ana.