Unable to cast object of type 'Active.Modules.Forums.Controls.PagerNav' to type 'DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Controls.PagerNav

Jan 26, 2013 at 6:54 AM

I doubt this is an issue and that it is probably related to my custom topics view template but is there a way to fix this? Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks for your time. 

ModuleId: 386

ModuleDefId: 110

FriendlyName: Active Forum

ModuleControlSource: DesktopModules/ActiveForums/ActiveForums.ascx

AssemblyVersion: 7.0.2

PortalID: 0

PortalName

UserID: -1

UserName:

ActiveTabID: 64

ActiveTabName: FORUMS

RawURL: /forums/aff/1.aspx

AbsoluteURL: /Default.aspx

AbsoluteURLReferrer: http://www..com/forums/aft/1219.aspx

UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)

DefaultDataProvider: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke

ExceptionGUID: 70db351e-6200-463e-b362-619ceb7942dd

InnerException: Unable to cast object of type 'Active.Modules.Forums.Controls.PagerNav' to type 'DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Controls.PagerNav'.

FileName:

FileLineNumber: 0

FileColumnNumber: 0

Method: DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Controls.TopicsView.BuildPager

StackTrace:

Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Unable to cast object of type 'Active.Modules.Forums.Controls.PagerNav' to type 'DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Controls.PagerNav'. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Active.Modules.Forums.Controls.PagerNav' to type 'DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Controls.PagerNav'. at DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Controls.TopicsView.BuildPager() at DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Controls.TopicsView.BindTopics(String TopicsTemplate) at DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Controls.TopicsView.OnLoad(EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Source:

Server Name: ds000796

Jan 26, 2013 at 7:22 AM

I cannot access the templates under the control bar nor I can change the security permissions of the forum. The above error could be unrelated to these two issues. Thanks. 

Coordinator
Jan 26, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Which version of the forum are you using?  Have you installed the very latest version?  5.0.3 has been updated a couple of times.  Also, make sure you're using the right install, there are installs for both 6.2 and 7.0.

As for the template issue, try changing any references of "Active.Modules.Forums.Controls" in your template to "DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Controls" and see if that resolves the problem.

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Thanks, Jbrunken. 

I do not have access to the control panel to modify the custom templates. I have restored the backup and will try again this weekend. Thanks again.