Suppress Who is Online

Jan 3, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Is there a way to suppress the "Who is online" within Active Forums 5.0.2? I noticed the switch to show/hide Users Online is now gone. Any tips or tricks on how suppress it?

Thanks,

Will

Jan 3, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Maybe do it withing the templates. I see

[WHOSONLINE]

in all of them.

Jan 3, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Thanks, Zaratustra! I'll give it a try.

Coordinator
Jan 3, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Does the "Who's Online" section actually show up for you guys?    I have it in my template, but it does not appear on my main forum page.

Jan 3, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Zaratustra,

That suppressed it! Thanks again. After updating the View Forums template (see second to last line of code), I had to clear the site's cache in Host settings to force it to show the update.

Will

Jan 3, 2013 at 7:57 PM
jbrunken wrote:

Does the "Who's Online" section actually show up for you guys?    I have it in my template, but it does not appear on my main forum page.

It shows in my DNN !!

Coordinator
Jan 3, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Strange.   I wonder why it doesn't show up for me.   Are you using the default templates or have you modified them?

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:29 PM
jbrunken wrote:

Strange.   I wonder why it doesn't show up for me.   Are you using the default templates or have you modified them?

I haven't touched anything that could prevent what we are talking about.

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I want to add who is online in TipocsView and TopicView too...

Added [WHOSONLINE] at the bottom of template but not work..... I see  the  "[WHOSONLINE]"  at he bottom of my forum now... How it work?

Coordinator
Jan 4, 2013 at 2:44 PM

It's still not showing up for me at all.     Just out of curiosity, do you guys have Active Social installed?

Jan 4, 2013 at 2:53 PM
jbrunken wrote:

It's still not showing up for me at all.     Just out of curiosity, do you guys have Active Social installed?

You are using the Default (forum/Templates) or the ones second to that (from the drop down menu) ?

I do not use any kind of AS myself.

Coordinator
Jan 4, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I'm using the default template, but I've tried both.   Neither shows anything for the [WhosOnline] tag.

Mar 11, 2013 at 7:58 PM
On DNN 7.0.4 with AF 5.0.3 and I have the {WHOSONLINE] token in the template but nothing is showing up. Noticed a few others here that it is not showing. Any idea how to get it to show or why it's not showing?
Coordinator
Mar 11, 2013 at 8:01 PM
This is definitely on my list of things to track down in the very near future.
Apr 4, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Hoping this is still on the list of things to address. It is not showing on my install either. using the default templates and the token is in place.
Coordinator
Apr 4, 2013 at 4:46 PM
This is still in my to-do list for 5.0.4.

I'm hoping to get to it this weekend.
Jun 7, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Edited Jun 7, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Besides suppressing WHOSONLINE, is there (or will there be) a way to give permissions, e.g. only registered members can view 'who is online'? Thanks. Val