Some Feature Requests.

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I just got ripped on by one of my users regarding all of the features that our club forum is missing that evidently every other forum in the world has.   Granted, he was exaggerating a bit, but many of his points were valid.

Here's a few of the items that I agreed with.

1. bbCode - Many forum "power users" are very used to this system rather than the normal WYSIWYG editor.   Personally, I prefer our editor, but I can totally understand his point.  Especially for people who are repeating a posts across several different forums (it's a pain to have to reformat it just for one).  

It would be nice if the forums could to an initial bbCode parse of a post as an option.   I know that it's possible to do some of this through filters in Active Forum, but there are some bbCode tags that seem to be beyond the capability of the filters.

2. Quick Reply Issues.  First, auto-subscribe doesn't work when you do a quick reply. This doesn't make any sense to me.  I think it's a bug.   Also, this is minor, but when you highlight text in the quick reply box then click on the "Bold" button, it would be nice if the tags were applied around the text rather than just appended to the end.   That's frustrating to people.

3. My Subscriptions -  Need a way to be able to see what threads you are subscribed to.  This is not the same as "My Topics" which is any thread you've participated in.

4. Better Mobile support / Tapatalk - Would be nice if there was a mobile layout for the forums.   Tapatalk is always being requested.
  5. Active Topics - The way it works now is not always super useful.  It would be nice if a user could select the default time frame rather than just since the last visit (which gets reset to easily).

Thanks for listening.

-JB