Progress

Sep 21, 2012 at 11:37 AM

For the script we know what is going on.

But the convertion script is one thing and the module is an other. What is happening with the module ?

Sep 22, 2012 at 10:26 AM

A stable version 5.0 is just released. I think we will have to wait for a next release. The team are sure working at the project.

I 'll convert a site in production with this stable version as replace of core forum.

Sep 24, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Sure. Stable version. Very stable. Coudlnt' be more stable that this.

Sep 24, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Well... It's an usable version.

But is the 5.0 and is normal that with a 5.0.1,  5.0.2,  5.0.3...... stabilization release the product will solve more issue.

It's your choice to decide to use the actual 5.0 or not. For my purpose is right to start.

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Edited Sep 24, 2012 at 5:31 PM
zaratustra wrote:

:)

Now that was snobbish but I like it. Now you understand our (old active module customer) frustration. 

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:41 PM
frozendnn wrote:
zaratustra wrote:

:)

Now that was snobbish but I like it. Now you understand our (old active module customer) frustration. 

I surely do.

Editor
Sep 25, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Edited Sep 25, 2012 at 9:33 PM
skiank wrote:

Well... It's an usable version.

But is the 5.0 and is normal that with a 5.0.1,  5.0.2,  5.0.3...... stabilization release the product will solve more issue.

It's your choice to decide to use the actual 5.0 or not. For my purpose is right to start.

I think that had this been a new release, people wouldn't expect so much.  However this has been built and rebuilt for years.  Regardless of the number it was called stable.  Not "stable but use at your own risk."

Honestly I can't believe of all of the things mentioned and discussed and issues documented on here, the ONLY activity in the past few weeks from anyone up above was to respond to my comment about releasing the mail connector. 

How about someone telling us how on earth to make the freaking time right on the forum.  This seems like a very simple request to me.  Apparently it was a setting in a previous version that doesn't exist any more. I jumped at the chance to use this on a production server.  Worked through some bugs, but now I have people breathing down my neck to get something VERY simple corrected.  If changing the time on my PowerDNN server wouldn't impact so many other sites I would do it. 

Sorry just feel the need to vent every now and again.  I can't believe the speed at which this is progressing (or not progressing I should say.)  Does anyone have time stamps working correctly on their site?  If so what on earth did you do to get it to work?  My time zone settings are correct on the portal, server etc.  User time makes no difference.  All see the same; about 6 hours before actual.  Like its GMT-12.  That in itself is odd.  I would understand GMT but -12?  Strange.

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:08 PM

ActiveForum.. Where you are? Give us a feedback to remain optimistic.

Sep 28, 2012 at 2:07 PM
skiank wrote:

ActiveForum.. Where you are? Give us a feedback to remain optimistic.

I would suggest to forget about AF and check again after ... let's say ... a year.  By then we should know. 

If you have followed other similar DNN projects (the Blog for example) you may have known that it takes a very long time. Sometimes forever.

Pitty.

Developer
Oct 3, 2012 at 7:33 AM

I can't commit to anything (I am working on AF in my evenings, not on company time, and mostly just really late at night) but after I get the migration script issues worked out (I think I am pretty darn close) I'll be moving on to looking at other issues.

I travel quite a bit due to work, so that will limit my time as well. If anyone here is interested in trying to assist with the project, let Will Morgenweck know, it is an open source project now, so any contributions for bug fixes and such are appreciated.

No promises that I'll be able to drive things along any faster than they are currently going, but once I have my own site migrated I'll be a lot more "motivated" to get things going. Motivated because my users are a real pain in the ass if they run into bugs, and they will likely run into the same things you guys are seeing, so hopefully I will be able to fix them and try to get releases going.

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Chris,

We all appreciate your work in this project.

My negative comments were not for you.

Oct 3, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Thank's Chris for your work.
I think that the problem reported by zaratustra isn't the time spent to this project but the shortage of information about the planning.

An ipotetical timeline to solve the issue and can relase next versions may increase confidence with this project. Also only a coment or reply to an issue is important for all.

For those that want migrate from old coreforum is important be sure about continuity and interest to include Anew AF5 as core module.

The release 5.0 stable is not even been announced in the officiale Blog on www.dotnetnuke.com (or I've lost it?).

I trust AF5 (good work and good forum) and your work and I'm planning my migration but i'll migrate more quiet and clear with some positive reply.

Oct 3, 2012 at 5:03 PM
skiank wrote:

The release 5.0 stable is not even been announced in the officiale Blog on www.dotnetnuke.com (or I've lost it?).

Actually it is not. You are right.

Editor
Oct 18, 2012 at 4:01 AM

Can someone please tell me why on earth the time stamps are incorrect?  I'm at a freaking stand still now with a rather important site.  I have about 5 sites that are really close to bailing on DNN all together because I keep telling them to "wait and I promise they will fix it".  I mean why on earth have a time offset setting in a module and just remove it?  It doesn't make sense.  I really wish I had time to go learn .net programming, I would do it myself. 

DNN Forum 5.0.whatever really blows with DNN6 (especially sites who were previously on other versions and have been upgraded - stuff doesn't work like it should like go search for a post by username or all posts by user XXX) and AF doesn't work right.

I honestly can't believe that someone, somewhere hasn't developed a forum for DNN that's paid and works.  Once again I have paying customers willing to shell out money for a GOOD product.  

Anyone have a rag? I need to wipe all of the freaking egg off my face.   I'll say it again, anyone out there who wants to make some money hit me up.  I'm sure this isn't the place for that but why not?  Nothing else is getting accomplished around here.  Not even a "hey we hear you and are working on it"

Oct 18, 2012 at 6:27 AM
supermansrf wrote:

Can someone please tell me why on earth the time stamps are incorrect?  I'm at a freaking stand still now with a rather important site.  I have about 5 sites that are really close to bailing on DNN all together because I keep telling them to "wait and I promise they will fix it".  I mean why on earth have a time offset setting in a module and just remove it?  It doesn't make sense.  I really wish I had time to go learn .net programming, I would do it myself.

Where is the problem with timestamp? I can't find issue about timestamp.

Editor
Oct 18, 2012 at 6:38 AM

This is where myself and another reported it, I've also mentioned it several other times on here in various places.

http://activeforums.codeplex.com/workitem/1587

On several of my sites, the time is off by 6 hours (ahead).  The sites are in US central time (-6) but posts show at UTC (-/+0) 

If I change the user profile to UTC then the posts show up correctly, but events, calendar and other things are wrong then.  It doesn't make sense to me.  If I change the time zone on the portal nothing changes. The only way to correct it is like I said above.

I've seen from old documentation that there used to be a time offset setting in forum control panel.  That sounds exactly like what I'm looking for but it was removed.  I really hoped this would have been taken care of by now but it obviously has not.  I had issues with html not working as well as some other strange issues the first go around, but an uninstall and reinstall took care of most of the issues.  I can't even test because my testers aren't posting any more because the time is wrong. We had closed testing since the only issue was the time and decided to go live.  However the confusing is keeping people from posting.  

Editor
Oct 18, 2012 at 6:52 AM
Edited Oct 18, 2012 at 6:55 AM

Sorry I was wrong, the posts show 6 hours behind, thus why moving user profile time up 6 hours to UTC corrects the issue.

I will also add that I found a setting file.  In httpdocs/desktop modules/active forums/config/defaultsetup.config  I edited the line timezoneoffset from 0 to -6 first and then 6.  After each save I cleared cache and restarted app.  Nothing changed. 

Edit: now it makes sense to me why it didn't change anything.  It is the default values.  No clue where the active values would be.  I've looked all over the place.  That would be great to know.

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:04 AM

With the move to 6, this timezone setting broke a few of my modules doing this kind of conversion. e.g. the user profile timezone was always giving the wrong value (the older method).

The same might be true for active forums, I would have to dig into the code to find it.

Developer
Oct 19, 2012 at 4:39 AM

I'm looking into the timestamp issue, unfortunately it doesn't look to be as quick a fix as it was for the DNN Forum module

Developer
Oct 19, 2012 at 5:15 AM

Well I got the time a lot closer :D but it appears to be off by the # of hours (correct) and # of minutes (incorrect) now using this code in SettingsBase.cs

With that change things are much closer, but not perfect yet. I will try to do some more testing and see what else I come up with, but hopefully that works close enough for some of you in the mean time.

public int TimeZoneOffset
        {
            get
            {
                int timeOffset = 0;
                timeOffset = Convert.ToInt32(PortalController.GetCurrentPortalSettings().TimeZone.BaseUtcOffset.TotalHours);

if (UserId > 0)
                {
                    DotNetNuke.Entities.Users.UserInfo dnnUser = DotNetNuke.Entities.Users.UserController.GetCurrentUserInfo();
                    try
                    {
                        if (dnnUser.Profile.PreferredTimeZone != null)
                        {
                            timeOffset = Convert.ToInt32(dnnUser.Profile.PreferredTimeZone.BaseUtcOffset.TotalHours);
                        }

}
                    catch (Exception ex)
                    {
                        timeOffset = Convert.ToInt32(PortalController.GetCurrentPortalSettings().TimeZone.BaseUtcOffset.TotalHours);
                    }
                }

return timeOffset;
            }
        }

Oct 19, 2012 at 6:37 AM

Christoc, is there any chance, that this could be related to the issue that I experience regarding an error showing when viewing a topic: "Input string was not in a correct format."

http://activeforums.codeplex.com/workitem/1631

Thanks.

Oct 19, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Why the Discussions are gone from the menu ?

Developer
Oct 20, 2012 at 2:25 AM
zaratustra wrote:

Why the Discussions are gone from the menu ?

I was wondering the same thing myself, the only way to get to discussions is via email notifications

Developer
Oct 20, 2012 at 6:25 AM
Edited Oct 20, 2012 at 6:28 AM

So you can ignore my previous timezone code, I think I have a better option going now.

I figured out that the methods that use TimeZoneOffset expect it to return minutes, which is why I was seeing 8 minutes difference, instead of 8 hours like I would have expected before.

This updated code compares the user's time zone to the portal's time zone, and returns the difference in minutes, I believe this fixes the timezone issues

(updated for slightly cleaner code)

public int TimeZoneOffset
        {
            /* the code that uses this expects minutes to be returned
             * this method now compares the user's timezone to the portaltimezone and returns the offset for that difference.
             * it appears the AF module doesn't store dates as UTC, so you can't offset from UTC             * 
             */
            get
            {
                int timeOffset = 0;
                if (UserId > 0)
                {
                    try
                    {
                        if (UserInfo.Profile.PreferredTimeZone != null)
                        {
                            /* get the portal timezone offset so we can calculate differences for users */
                            int portalTimeZone = Convert.ToInt32(PortalController.GetCurrentPortalSettings().TimeZone.BaseUtcOffset.TotalHours);
                            int userTimeZone = Convert.ToInt32(UserInfo.Profile.PreferredTimeZone);
                            if(userTimeZone!=portalTimeZone)
                            {
                                timeOffset = Math.Abs(portalTimeZone - userTimeZone);
                                /* convert to minutes */
                                timeOffset = timeOffset*60;
                            }
                        }
                    }
                    catch (Exception ex)
                    {
                        timeOffset = 0;
                    }
                }
                return timeOffset;
            }
        }

Editor
Oct 20, 2012 at 3:23 PM
Cristoc

Can you please excuse my ignorance and let me know how to use this code? Where to I insert it and how do I use it? I would love to test it this weekend. You are freaking amazing. Thank you very much!!! Even if it doesn't work I really appreciate the effort, but it looks like you are on to something here.
Editor
Oct 20, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Discussions are back on CP as well!  Looks like its going to be a good day  :-)

Oct 20, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Edited Oct 20, 2012 at 4:00 PM
supermansrf wrote:
Cristoc
You are freaking amazing. Thank you very much!!! Even if it doesn't work I really appreciate the effort, but it looks like you are on to something here.

Actually i'm a bit optimistic now about this project.

After Chris, Scott from Ventrian has also join the devs.

Good news.

Editor
Oct 20, 2012 at 4:14 PM

So I backed up my site and attempted this from host > sql.  It doesn't appear that I have done the right thing.  Can you tell me how to do this and what I did wrong?

Here is what happened:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'public'. Incorrect syntax near '{'. Incorrect syntax near '{'. Incorrect syntax near '{'. A RETURN statement with a return value cannot be used in this context. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider.ExecuteADOScript(String ConnectionString, String SQL) at DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider.ExecuteScript(String connectionString, String script) public int TimeZoneOffset { /* the code that uses this expects minutes to be returned * this method now compares the user's timezone to the portaltimezone and returns the offset for that difference. * it appears the AF module doesn't store dates as UTC, so you can't offset from UTC * */ get { int timeOffset = 0; if (UserId > 0) { try { if (UserInfo.Profile.PreferredTimeZone != null) { /* get the portal timezone offset so we can calculate differences for users */ int portalTimeZone = 0; portalTimeZone = Convert.ToInt32(PortalController.GetCurrentPortalSettings().TimeZone.BaseUtcOffset.TotalHours); int userTimeZone = 0; userTimeZone = Convert.ToInt32(UserInfo.Profile.PreferredTimeZone); if(userTimeZone!=portalTimeZone) { timeOffset = Math.Abs(portalTimeZone - userTimeZone); /* convert to minutes */ timeOffset = timeOffset*60; } } else { timeOffset = 0; } } catch (Exception ex) { timeOffset = 0; } } return timeOffset; } }

Once again, thank you!!

Oct 20, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Edited Oct 20, 2012 at 4:47 PM

error.

Oct 20, 2012 at 5:06 PM
supermansrf wrote:

attempted this from host > sql.

Once again, thank you!!

This is not a SQL script but C# code :-)

AF source code must be correct with this.

Developer
Oct 20, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I will put together a temporary dll later today that will have this fix included for testing

Developer
Oct 20, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Further testing showed me that the timezone logic was still off, but I think I really have it fixed now. I'm working on getting some changes checked into sourcecontrol this afternoon with the fix included.

Developer
Oct 20, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Edited Oct 20, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I attached a test build of 5.0.2 to the work item related to timezones http://activeforums.codeplex.com/workitem/1587

Please feel free to test this out, but it isn't an official 5.0.2 release of the AF module

Editor
Oct 20, 2012 at 7:49 PM
This build worked just fine. Awesome fix. Thank you!!!
Developer
Oct 20, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I should also point out that build is for 6.2.3+ it won't work against older versions of 6.2 as my development environment is configured for 6.2.3

Oct 20, 2012 at 8:21 PM
I found that is related to script conversion. Tomorrow I'll search the problem

Developer
Oct 21, 2012 at 4:12 AM
skiank wrote:
I found that is related to script conversion. Tomorrow I'll search the problem

I'm not sure what you are referring to?

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:13 AM
christoc wrote:

I attached a test build of 5.0.2 to the work item related to timezones http://activeforums.codeplex.com/workitem/1587

Please feel free to test this out, but it isn't an official 5.0.2 release of the AF module

Could i suggest something: between "stable" releases, you could put out some betas. Like other projects do.

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:50 AM
zaratustra wrote:
supermansrf wrote:
Cristoc
You are freaking amazing. Thank you very much!!! Even if it doesn't work I really appreciate the effort, but it looks like you are on to something here.

Actually i'm a bit optimistic now about this project.

After Chris, Scott from Ventrian has also join the devs.

Good news.

Glad you noticed :)

Chris is doing a great job - hope I can help out a bit now too. 

Oct 21, 2012 at 12:09 PM
I wrote this the reply in the wrong discussion. Sorry.
Is related to journal problem
Developer
Oct 22, 2012 at 4:38 AM
zaratustra wrote:
christoc wrote:

Could i suggest something: between "stable" releases, you could put out some betas. Like other projects do.

I'm all for that, but I am not convinced the code I've worked on so far is ready for a beta just yet. Maybe by the end of the week

Nov 18, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Has anyone converted from the default forums module to AF with success yet ?

Is the convert script finished ? It is unclear what is happening ...

Nov 18, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I've converted with success. In test not in production yet. The conversion script is ok for my tests. I've integrate it only with some "replace" for some italian symbols and manually correct and set the forum security and forums groups (without do that journal not show forum activity).

I'm waiting for the solve of this issue (essential for me)

http://activeforums.codeplex.com/discussions/401695

and after I'll convert in production.

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:02 PM
skiank wrote:

I've converted with success. In test not in production yet. The conversion script is ok for my tests. I've integrate it only with some "replace" for some italian symbols and manually correct and set the forum security and forums groups (without do that journal not show forum activity).

Not what i hear and what i read.

It seems that the script need some fixing.

This is also what i understand after reading:

http://activeforums.codeplex.com/workitem/1583

Still, i haven't found a single forum converted to AF. Maybe i'm wrong, if so please correct me.

Developer
Nov 19, 2012 at 4:48 AM

@zaratustra, have you tried the migration script yourself? The original script had a lot of issues, no arguments there, but if you look at the attachments and comments on that issue you'll see a lot of effort has been put into fixing it.

Nov 19, 2012 at 10:21 AM
christoc wrote:

@zaratustra, have you tried the migration script yourself? The original script had a lot of issues, no arguments there, but if you look at the attachments and comments on that issue you'll see a lot of effort has been put into fixing it.

No i haven't tried the latest 1.5 version.

Should i ?

On the specific website i want to use it, it is very hard to revert back if something goes wrong.

Nov 19, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I think I can try because there is no open issue on conversion script.

But testing it in a test enviroment is better first. Every forum have different datas and may be have different issue.

If you test it in a production site the old core forum will be yet avaible and the new AF may be let as a secondary protected page to test and check but whe you'll want do the definitive conversion you'll need a new clean AF instance

Nov 19, 2012 at 2:03 PM
skiank wrote:

If you test it in a production site the old core forum will be yet avaible and the new AF may be let as a secondary protected page to test and check but whe you'll want do the definitive conversion you'll need a new clean AF instance

I didn't know that. It is very interesting what you say. I thought after the conversion the old forum was gone, converted.

I will definitely try that.

Thanks !

Developer
Nov 20, 2012 at 4:00 AM

I would highly recommend testing things. I still have yet to run the script on my production sites, not because it isn't ready, but because I just haven't had time to get things together with all my travels lately.

Nov 25, 2012 at 8:47 AM
zaratustra wrote:

I didn't know that. It is very interesting what you say. I thought after the conversion the old forum was gone, converted.

I will definitely try that.

Thanks !

Have you tried a conversion? Issue?

Nov 25, 2012 at 10:41 AM
skiank wrote:

Have you tried a conversion? Issue?

Hi, no i haven't. I'm considering seriously to use YAF module and totally forget about AF.

Not sure what i will do.

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:59 PM
I'm waiting for solve the issue about active topics, not read etc.. That show only one post and I'll ready to go in production.
I hope may be solved early because the actual core forum have so many problems that my users are Asking me for a fast replacement.
I've already create my custom template and skin for AF 5 and I want wait before think to other forums...
Nov 25, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Edited Nov 25, 2012 at 4:12 PM
skiank wrote:
I'm waiting for solve the issue about active topics, not read etc.. That show only one post and I'll ready to go in production.
I hope may be solved early because the actual core forum have so many problems that my users are Asking me for a fast replacement.
I've already create my custom template and skin for AF 5 and I want wait before think to other forums...

Even if the convert script works more or less, the AF module has some major problems that make it unusable.

Quickly i can think of two:

1. Moderation of posts doesn't seem to work

2. Attachements do not work

So moving from the old forums module (that i must say works pretty well for small/medium traffic and posts) to AF will introduce more problems that it solves.

AND who knows what other problems are hidden in AF that wait to be discovered when used in a real live forum DNN.

Nov 25, 2012 at 4:07 PM
I' a little bit more lucky.
The actual core forum on my portal can't upload file with Dnn 6.2.4 an so the af5 is better than now. The af5 issue on upload is not on any client. In some scenario work properly

Moderation is not a feature I need now.

The only important issue, for me, is about showing only one post.

I think that Af team have dnn7 as target for a good stable version.

I'll wait some weeks more and than I'll decide what to do
Nov 25, 2012 at 8:37 PM
zaratustra wrote:
skiank wrote:

Even if the convert script works more or less, the AF module has some major problems that make it unusable.

Quickly i can think of two:

1. Moderation of posts doesn't seem to work

2. Attachements do not work

So moving from the old forums module (that i must say works pretty well for small/medium traffic and posts) to AF will introduce more problems that it solves.

AND who knows what other problems are hidden in AF that wait to be discovered when used in a real live forum DNN.

@skiank, I don't see any issues reported in the issues tracker around moderation.  Could you please post this issue, with steps to reproduce as an issue?  I've been working through each reported issue, with reproducible steps and any background screenshots and data.  I'd like to add this to the list.

Nov 25, 2012 at 9:05 PM
Edited Nov 25, 2012 at 9:06 PM
Airstream345 wrote:
@skiank, I don't see any issues reported in the issues tracker around moderation.  Could you please post this issue, with steps to reproduce as an issue?  I've been working through each reported issue, with reproducible steps and any background screenshots and data.  I'd like to add this to the list.

Hi, that was my post you quoted and not skiank's.

1. The attachment issue is on the tracker multiple times, from multiple people.

2. The moderation: when a forum is switched to moderated, there is no way to see the queue and moderate. I'm pretty sure i opened an issue and also got some replies. But i can't find it.

Nov 26, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Sorry about the misquote.  I've been able to reproduce issue 1 (attachments) and have posted results in the issue tracker as well.  Didn't see the moderation issue in the tracker, wanted to make sure I could try and reproduce before reporting.  I'll give it a try and post up the results as a new issue.

Thanks!

Nov 26, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Airstream345 wrote:

Sorry about the misquote.  I've been able to reproduce issue 1 (attachments) and have posted results in the issue tracker as well.  Didn't see the moderation issue in the tracker, wanted to make sure I could try and reproduce before reporting.  I'll give it a try and post up the results as a new issue.

Thanks!

Maybe the moderation problem is also related with this:

http://activeforums.codeplex.com/workitem/1697

Thanks for your time !

Developer
Nov 26, 2012 at 5:09 PM

I ran the conversion script in production last night, onto a test page for a week or two of testing. So far things seem to be working, though I did figure out that with the current script I need to go through and update all of the groups/forums to make sure all the settings and permissions are correct.

I don't foresee that being resolved in an updated conversion script as I think that is something that people should do manually to make sure they have the settings all configured.

In my testing, at least with a HOST account, the attachments for JPGs and PDFs appear to be working, still need to do more testing though.

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:16 PM
christoc wrote:

In my testing, at least with a HOST account, the attachments for JPGs and PDFs appear to be working, still need to do more testing though.

This is kinda strange. Could it be a hosting problem, i mean IIS version for example ?

What else could it be ? How can we debug this ?

Developer
Nov 26, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Could it possibly be that you haven't gone through and updated the settings for each forum? I only tested on a forum I had updated the AF settings for?

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Edited Nov 26, 2012 at 6:48 PM
christoc wrote:

Could it possibly be that you haven't gone through and updated the settings for each forum? I only tested on a forum I had updated the AF settings for?

No can't be that since i tested with no conversion. Α new, virgin installation.