Error with Templates after update

Sep 15, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I was previously running Active Forums 4 with a custom theme. Prior to update, I switched it to the _default theme and removed all other themes from the /ActiveForums/themes folder and verified that in Control Panel the Templates tab loaded correctly.

After updating to Active Forumns 5.00.00 (the final release, not any of the RC releases) the update runs without error and my forums appear to load correctly. However, if I go into Control Panel and try to go to the Templates tab I get a never ending loop of an error popup that also writes to the event log. See the bottom of this post for the event log error.  Also, if I try to view a post I get an error and the post does not display. I suspect that error has to do with no template being found.

Event Log when trying to view templates:

AssemblyVersion: 6.2.3

PortalID: -1

PortalName:

UserID: -1

UserName:

ActiveTabID: -1

ActiveTabName:

RawURL: /WebResource.axd?d=44stE0r-yTUcrd33AjRZLr8UxF9-SHfB7sfncJW0CcN1Gol_4HhkSjm3ybPGqj-TqwJTjhn6mGiTj5sG_cVPNzbRPuNObbtliiRev77iUMFi3S2dvn9BILO8k6b4v0IJdx2CRlN5zcxMQo3MOIh3jHk_CXBGCAvfxHyWUwgr0NKX24lLcCUdfT3iqqHoM4KCzfXjaJ-_uNoL6oDL0&t=634832964889130000

AbsoluteURL: /WebResource.axd

AbsoluteURLReferrer: http://(redacted)/Forums/tabid/238/ctl/EDIT/mid/677/Default.aspx?cpview=templates&params=

UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1

DefaultDataProvider: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke.SqlDataProvider

ExceptionGUID: 51c857ce-72d7-4ab5-a79d-13979b5daf63

InnerException: This is an invalid webresource request.

FileName:

FileLineNumber: 0

FileColumnNumber: 0

Method: System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest

StackTrace:

Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.PageLoadException: This is an invalid webresource request. ---> System.Web.HttpException: This is an invalid webresource request. at System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Source:

Server Name: (redacted)

Event log when trying to view a post:

ModuleId: 677

ModuleDefId: 143

FriendlyName: NTForums

ModuleControlSource: DesktopModules/ActiveForums/ActiveForums.ascx

AssemblyVersion: 6.2.3

PortalID: 0

PortalName: (redacted)

UserID: 1

UserName: redacted)

ActiveTabID: 238

ActiveTabName: Forums

RawURL: /Forums/tabid/238/aft/1121/Default.aspx

AbsoluteURL: /Default.aspx

AbsoluteURLReferrer: http://(redacted)/Forums/tabid/238/aff/6/Default.aspx

UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1

DefaultDataProvider: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke.SqlDataProvider

ExceptionGUID: 48fc0226-eca4-488d-86fa-d3a01c8ab408

InnerException: Input string was not in a correct format.

FileName:

FileLineNumber: 0

FileColumnNumber: 0

Method: System.Number.StringToNumber

StackTrace:

Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Input string was not in a correct format. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToInt32(IFormatProvider provider) at System.Convert.ToInt32(Object value) at DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Controls.TopicView.LoadData(Int32 PageId) at DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Controls.TopicView.OnLoad(EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Source:

Server Name: (redacted)

Sep 16, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Are you sure you can just go ahead and update AF 4 to AF 5 by installing AF 5 ?

Sep 16, 2012 at 1:37 AM

I was about to reply something to the effect of "what is my other option?", but I just realized that I did not follow the Active Social migration steps correctly. I was supposed to apply the AF5 update *before* updating the site to DNN 6.2.3.  Rolling back to yesterday's save point now, and we'll see if it goes better if I actually follow directions properly...

Sep 16, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Were are those "Active Social migration steps" you are talking about ?

Sep 16, 2012 at 1:55 AM

http://activesocial.codeplex.com/discussions/394551

Sep 16, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Well, Now I am back to square one. The AF 5 installer requires a minimum core DNN version of 6.2.0, so the steps in the other thread are incorrect. At this point I am rolled back to DNN v6.1.4 with AF 4.3.8 and AS 1.9.6.  I give up, at least for today.

Oct 13, 2012 at 12:30 AM

This is now resolved. The first error was fixed with the AF 5.0.1 update. The second error had to do with an AF setting value in the database that was "false" instead of "0".

Mar 2, 2013 at 8:45 PM
What Setting was that exactly? I have the same problem but I have 1012 settings with 93 set to False.
Mar 2, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Ok, I fixed this like this (I think there was a rouge setting conversion somewhere):

Deleted all records in the Forums Setting table (not sure if this is neccessary - note: you WILL have to set up settings again if you go this route.
Configured my top level forum groups again and cascaded the settings down. This fixed it.

Note: I had to play around with missing images and move them into folders to get all my missing images to work.

Outstanding bug: I can't change my DNN Default HTML Editor style to my custom toolbar, so it shows all the editing options which is UGLY.