AF 5 RC

Sep 5, 2012 at 10:38 AM

 

I'm SORRY but this is not a Release Candidate version.

It is more like an early beta.

Sep 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM

During the webinar, Will spoke of some issues in the posted RC and that there would be a refresh/update yesterday.  However, I don't think it's been released yet.

Sep 6, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Edited Sep 7, 2012 at 1:48 AM

 

The developers replied that most of the problems were due to the convertion to C# and that an update will be out anytime now.

Also some caching issues will be solved.

Sep 6, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I see a few source code check ins....hopefully a new release is not too far behind.

Coordinator
Sep 7, 2012 at 2:07 AM
Looks like we have all the issues resolved. We'll do some QA in the morning.


Thanks,
Will


On Sep 6, 2012, at 3:19 PM, "dpaulsmith" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: dpaulsmith

I see a few source code check ins....hopefully a new release is not too far behind.

Sep 9, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Will,

 

Can you please release an updated version of the AF module so that I can test. Right now I get a number of errors all over the place and I am not sure whether this is because of the errors you detected. The new release would also enable me to test the upgrade process properly.

Thanks in advance.

Sep 9, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Edited Sep 9, 2012 at 4:11 PM
MHuijbregts wrote:

Will,

 

Can you please release an updated version of the AF module so that I can test. Right now I get a number of errors all over the place and I am not sure whether this is because of the errors you detected. The new release would also enable me to test the upgrade process properly.

Thanks in advance.


You can test this version all right. And open a ticket for each problem or Vote for an existing problem/ticket you encounter.

No need for a new version for test only.

Sep 9, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I disagree.

There has been stated that a new version would be uploaded on the day of the webinar. I don't want to waste time on bugs that might be solved in that new release. So can we expect the updated version soon?

Sep 9, 2012 at 7:52 PM
MHuijbregts wrote:

I disagree.

There has been stated that a new version would be uploaded on the day of the webinar. I don't want to waste time on bugs that might be solved in that new release. So can we expect the updated version soon?


What a snobish reply. So the rest of us that we are spending our time testing things, we are fools and you are the smart guy.

Nice !

 

Sep 10, 2012 at 12:23 PM
zaratustra wrote:
MHuijbregts wrote:

I disagree.

There has been stated that a new version would be uploaded on the day of the webinar. I don't want to waste time on bugs that might be solved in that new release. So can we expect the updated version soon?


What a snobish reply. So the rest of us that we are spending our time testing things, we are fools and you are the smart guy.

Nice !

 

@z... I think you must be misunderstanding Marc's post to consider it snobbish. If a developer tells you that the currently available version has bugs and that they have mostly been addressed, but not released, then wouldn't you want the developer to release the most current version so that you are not wasting time chasing bugs that have already been corrected? That seems reasonable given the fact that the developer said he would release a new version last week. We have only been waiting 18 months for this and we are all a little anxious to say the least.

Anyway, I have known Marc for years and I know him well enough that his intent was not to be snobbish.

Sep 10, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Thanks Cliff,

You took more time to be more descriptive then I have been. That must be the reason for the misunderstanding. So it's probably my own mistake.

Sep 10, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Edited Sep 10, 2012 at 2:29 PM

@cliffhammock

I only know what i read and that reply was not appropriate. Maybe it is the language (for me) since i'm not english speaking.

In any case, the developer has also promised a convertion tool to be available ... last ... JULY. But it was not.

Sep 11, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Edited Sep 11, 2012 at 12:33 AM

@ zaratustra Here is a snobish reply.

 

Other than what Marc and Cliff, I would like to add the following:

 

Since you are not "english speaking" why don't you stop to understand or ask the writer to explain what he meant before calling them snobish. See because you did not do that you definitely do not fall into the smart guy category. Now you don't have to ask me what I meant. You understood it correctly. I could be worse than a snob.

Maybe we should all direct our "snobishness" towards Will since he has failed to keep his promises forever now. After all, his failed promises are the reason for our frustration.

Sep 11, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Edited Sep 12, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Frozendnn wrote:

@ zaratustra Here is a snobish reply.

 

Other than what Marc and Cliff, I would like to add the following:

 

Since you are not "english speaking" why don't you stop to understand or ask the writer to explain what he meant before calling them snobish. See because you did not do that you definitely do not fall into the a smart guy category. Now you don't have to ask me what I meant. You understood it correctly. I could be worse than a snob.

Maybe we should all direct our "snobishness" towards Will since he has failed to keep his promises forever now. After all, his failed promises are the reason for our frustration.

 

Guys:

 

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

If you spend your time helping to get this module out, you wouldn't have time to give me attitude lessons.

Sep 11, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Edited Sep 11, 2012 at 12:31 AM

It's BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Again, we can't test the module because

1) We have to upgrade our existing forum modules to test them

2) Don't want to report known issues. If we do, we are going to get attitude from these guys saying that, "It's a known issue and it has been fixed in (not yet released) new version."

3) We have helped a lot in the past and also paid for it.

Again, it's blah blah blah.

Your reply was snobish. Your reply to Cliff's post was snobish too. It was more "snobisher" than my snobish reply to your snobish reply. Actually, the way you started this thread is snobish.

You started it.

I am moving on.

Sep 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM
Edited Sep 12, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Can we at least have SOME information about what is happening ?

Will ever this module be released for real or it is somekind of joke and we are wasting our time ?

Coordinator
Sep 12, 2012 at 3:25 PM
zaratustra wrote:

Can we at least have SOME information about what is happening ?

Will ever this module be released for real or it is somekind of joke or we are wasting our time ?

Hey Zaratustra,

I just released another RC which includes several fixes.  I still have a few more fixes under development, but I wanted to get another package out for users to continue testing.  I'm extremely thankful for all the testing and feedback from those that are new to the project.  Please keep testing and reporting bugs.  We will get them fixed ASAP!

Sep 12, 2012 at 4:32 PM

@ActiveModules

What exactly has been fixed ? I see the new thread creation for users only.

Was that RC 2 released with one fix ? How can that be ?

Coordinator
Sep 12, 2012 at 6:47 PM

It was definitely more than one fix :)  I haven't had a chance to go through everything in the issue tracker yet.  Plus there were quite a few issues that were addressed that aren't listed.  Unfortunately, all of these issues are still related to the C# conversion, but I'm just about finished with those.