AF Beta 2 editor

Jul 25, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Hi.

How can we enable the normal HTML editor for posting ?

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Found that, it is in Forums group properties.

BUT it doesn't work well with Ckeditor provider (editor not supported error in many functions).

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I recommend using the RadEditor

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Do you mean that AF 5 will only work with Radeditor ?

Jul 30, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Each editor has their own client API.  When AF was a commercial product, we supported plain text box, Active Editor and whatever was the default DotNetNuke Editor provider.  We did setup Active Forums so that it is fairly easy to support additional editors. If someone wanted to create the js file we needed for ckeditor(or any others) we can include it fairly easily.

Jul 31, 2012 at 5:36 PM

hm, FckEditor 2 (predecessor of ckEditor 3) has been default editor for DNN 3, 4 and 5. If ckEditor is set now as default editor, it should be supported like radEditor provider.

Jul 31, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Yes, we had support for FCKEditor was the default editor.  We still supported FCKEditor when the default changed to the radEditor.  However, since ckEditor has a different client API and has never shipped with the product, we never added support for it.  When I say default editor I mean the editor that actually ships with the product.

Aug 3, 2012 at 11:01 AM

All DNN modules should use what ever HTML editor is installed & set as the default editor. Now active forums is going to be part of the core it must be the same as the other core modules such as the HTML module.

If someone is using CKEditor as their default HTML editor then this should be their default HTML editor for active forums (same goes for radeditor, fckeditor or whatever they use).

Aug 3, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I uploaded a patch https://activeforums.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/patches with support for my editor provider. Technically its only 3 lines of code which are different. But i guess this will never added to the forums module looks like they dont like third party extensions in dnn.

Aug 3, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Many Thanks Ingo.

Aug 3, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Hi Ingo,

Your comment about DNN not liking third party extensions isn't true.  As I said in one of my earlier replies, if someone supplied the necessary script file I would make sure it was included.  Looks like you have provided the necessary file.  Thank you!

Aug 3, 2012 at 6:52 PM
ActiveModules wrote:

Hi Ingo,

Your comment about DNN not liking third party extensions isn't true.  As I said in one of my earlier replies, if someone supplied the necessary script file I would make sure it was included.  Looks like you have provided the necessary file.  Thank you!

Sorry i didn't saw that comment, i guess iam a little bit overworked right now.

Dec 23, 2012 at 6:19 PM
Edited Dec 23, 2012 at 6:21 PM
ActiveModules wrote:

Hi Ingo,

But after 5 months it has not been included. Ingo has provided the code change almost immediately.