Mail Notifications in Active Forums for DNN Platform/CE

Jan 27, 2014 at 5:49 AM
I'm baffled. Is there support for email notifications in Active Forums on a community edition (or platform) install or not?
Jan 27, 2014 at 5:53 AM
Yes
Jan 27, 2014 at 5:54 AM
Okay! That's great – now, is there anywhere I can go to figure out how to configure it? I've been tinkering all evening and can't get anything to send out. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
Jan 27, 2014 at 5:59 AM
To start, do you have email working in dnn?

From there, have you subscribed to a forum or thread yet?
Jan 30, 2014 at 6:57 AM
Email doesn't work for me either.

According to GCAssociates post over at github there is a problem since DNN7.2

Emails work from the coremodules but unfortunately not from the forum.
Feb 21, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Hi Christoc,

I've been away from this project for a time, and was thinking that part of the issue may have been that my site was a child portal and the host smtp settings weren't lining up with the email I was trying to have forum posts send from. That issue's now resolved - the site is standalone, email works on the site, the host smtp address is the same as the site administrator is the same as the address forum emails are meant to come from. Still nothing coming. I'm subscribed to the thread, permissions allow for subscriptions, and still nothing.

Any guidance?

Thanks,

Ken
Feb 21, 2014 at 11:23 PM
You should post questions over at github. This is now where development and discussions are primarily taking place. You probably would get more of a response. https://github.com/jbrunken/ActiveForums