Anyone got AF working sucessfully in Social Groups?

Nov 14, 2013 at 11:31 PM
I have the forum setup in Social Groups. All works fine so long as it is Admin or Host account. For a Group Members all good. Forum interface displays but they can't do anything. Forums are text only. Unanswered, Not Read etc reveal links to Topics but clicking any redirects to Home page.

Anyone have these forums in Groups working?

Major Tom
Is there anyone out there?
Developer
Nov 15, 2013 at 4:43 AM
It works for me in group mode. Sounds like you have some weird module permissions. What do you mean by "forums are text only"?
Nov 15, 2013 at 7:03 AM
Hi Ben.

I only have 1 Group. Was the only one I needed to save with the migration from Active Social. Have tried several new test Groups and the same happens. So you are most likely correct with some weird permissions. I haven't been able to figure it.

What I mean is that when using an Admin/Host account on the main Forum view the Forum link is active and and opens the Topics list. From there can Add new Topis and Post Replies. Using a User Account the the Forum titles is not a hyperlink (text only) and user can go no further. User can access topics via control buttons Unanswered, Not Read etc. but instead of the link opening the topic is redirected to Home page.

I did move the Group from the main forum to a new instance for group forums.
Developer
Nov 15, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Are you using any kind of Advanced URL features, like 404 redirection?
Can you run fiddler on the page to see what is actually happening to the request?
Is the module on a child portal? (If so, are the users getting logged out?)
Nov 15, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Does it show forumview or topics view in the group view?

Is there a way we can have the default topicsview?
Nov 16, 2013 at 1:58 AM
No Advanced URL features. Have Friendlies turned off. No redirects

Only one portal

Fiddler ? Never used it. Will give it a try.

Frozen. Shows forumview.