Avatar does not display anywhere DNN 7

Oct 30, 2013 at 4:22 AM
Hi I 'm using DNN7 and I have issue that to display an image/avatar. I can upload the file to my profile but the image does not display on in the menu. Any suggestions how to fix this?
Developer
Nov 15, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Images are displaying for me. Are you uploading the picture to the default core DNN "Photo", under edit profile? Make sure you are using a supported file type. Do you see the profile picture displayed anywhere else on the site? i.e. the user/login skin object.
Editor
Nov 15, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I have been fighting with this tooth and nail on a new site.

What I ended up finding out is that because the file name was June 4 (small).jpg it wasn't working properly.

I change the same exact picture to june.jpg and it all works fine.

Profile property visibility was another issue also. Had to set to members only to get them to work. We have our site set to members only for viewing everything.
Coordinator
Nov 15, 2013 at 9:02 PM
I thought I fixed the profile visibility bug in 5.0.4
Developer
Nov 15, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Edited Nov 15, 2013 at 9:03 PM
problems with photos with parentheses is a DNN core issue, but should have been fixed in DNN 7.1.2 https://dnntracker.atlassian.net/browse/DNN-3097
Editor
Nov 15, 2013 at 9:15 PM
I'm definitely having major issues with this. It would make sense that 7.1.2 maybe fixed it. Ill have to look.

I'm having issues with the PM link not working too.

While everyone feels vocal, anyone seen the issue where attachments prompt for security credentials for DNNAPI on IE 10 when trying to attach to a post? Seems to be isolated to IE10 and compatibility view doesn't help.
Editor
Nov 15, 2013 at 9:19 PM
I'm also back to having issues with time stamp on posts. I have a user who posts at 1300 with eastern time picked and as soon as I go back and look its 1600. Off by 3 hours which doesn't make sense at all.

Appears to be on all users. Any ideas here?
Coordinator
Nov 15, 2013 at 9:27 PM
And you're sure that your personal time zone preferences are correct? Time should be stored in UTC and display adjusted to the current viewers timezone.

I'm not aware of any issues with IE10, but I haven't tested extensively.
Editor
Nov 16, 2013 at 3:50 AM
Yea I've looked. What I think is odd is how it displays time in like -200. I could comprehend UTC or -1200 but not 3 hours off. I've checked all of that. Gonna upgrade to 7.1.2 tonight. Maybe there is something else going on. Are you guys getting anywhere
with a new update? I'd love to turn a css guy loose on it to give it a face lift. Got some major changes going on.
Coordinator
Nov 16, 2013 at 4:04 AM
I just finished reworking the Full Text search to solve a bug that a user pointed out to me today. Other than that, I haven't done much. Maybe if I get some time this week, I can see if I can get 5.0.5 released. Can't make any promises though. I'm in the middle of several high priority projects at work so I'm usually too burnt out by the end of the day to do much AF work.
Nov 16, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Can you please also look to the upload problems: https://activeforums.codeplex.com/discussions/456783
This is still a show stopper for me. I really would like to update my biggest forums but cannot do if the attachments are not working.
Coordinator
Nov 18, 2013 at 2:02 PM
The upload thing sounds more like a DNN permissions issue than a Active Forums issue. If a fresh install of AF works fine, it's probably not something that can be fixed via AF. I'm not able to duplicate the problem on my end, so it's hard to say for sure.

In any case, I'm planning on posting an AF 5.0.5 release candidate today. It fixes a couple of issues and adds Azure compatibility. The main thing is that it will be the "production ready" version of 5.0.4
Nov 18, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Did you test it with DNN 07.01.02? On a fresh install I don’t have an upload button. I saw that they had maybe the same kind of problems with the upload in the journal and they had to fix it in the journal.

https://dnntracker.atlassian.net/browse/DNN-3762?jql=text%20~%20%22journal%20upload%22
Coordinator
Nov 18, 2013 at 4:37 PM
No, I haven't tried it on 7.1.x yet. My site is still running 7.0 but I'm going to upgrade it in the next few days. Once that's done, maybe I can track down the problem.

In any case, it won't be addressed in 5.0.5. I just want to get it out the door so that people can have a production release that incorporates the many fixes/enhancements in 5.0.4+ and so that I can start the migration of source control to GitHub.