setting button missing after upgrade

Oct 28, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Is this product still supported? Don't seem to get any response from these chaps?!?!?!

It seems there is no support for this product anymore , so I'm hoping another user can help.

After upgrading to Active Forums 5.0.3.0, the settings button has now disappeared from the control panel.

Has anyone else had this same issue?
Oct 28, 2013 at 9:21 AM
It's still going. Slow but going.

You really should push to 5.0.4 beta 4 (the most recent download). It requires DNN 7 but it works a whole lot better and I believe it solves the exact issue you are having.

Nov 25, 2013 at 8:29 AM
@supermansrf any issues with upgrading from 5.0.3.0 to 5.1 RC 2 (5.1.1)? I don't really like the idea of upgrading production system to a beta or an RC but may not have a choice.
Nov 25, 2013 at 9:04 AM
No way. You're worlds better off on rc 2. There are many improvements over 5.0.3.

Don't let the title fool you. This is the best release yet. We just don't have enough people reporting to call it stable yet.

The only issues we have are DNN related. Not forum problems at this point.
Nov 25, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Edited Nov 25, 2013 at 12:29 PM
@supermansrf thanks for the reply. Anything I need to be aware of for the upgrade, is it just a straight upgrade without any hitches? I would like to get this updated as soon as possible. I've noticed the tapatalk addon, but I need AF to be at 5.0.4 or higher.
Jan 8, 2015 at 5:13 PM
Having just updated from 4.3.8 to 5.2.2, I too am missing the settings button that would normally appear in the admin control panel beside "dashboard". Is there some steps to get it back? I am not referring to the "my settings" button that a regular user normally sees.
Jan 30, 2015 at 3:28 PM
Edited Jan 30, 2015 at 3:29 PM
Please refer to our new page located at https://github.com/activeforums/activeforums

This page is being kept open for historical purposes only. We are currently on Active Forums version 6X now as things have changed significantly since this version was released.