Saving HTML Input Setting

Sep 2, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Every time I edit a forum in Control Panel, if I go to the features page and then HTML Input it will show as TextBox not the current setting for the forum. What is worse is that even if I do not go to the features page, but say go change a security setting on the forum. When I save it also saves that HTML input is TextBox.

Any chance of getting this fixed?
Sep 2, 2013 at 1:23 AM
I have experienced this on several sites. I have been trying to narrow down why one of my sites will allow me to set the default DNN editor and the rest will not.

This is something that I'm currently trying to figure out. I will post my results whenever I get it finished. It may still be a little while before I get my issue resolved.
Sep 2, 2013 at 2:00 AM
So you have a setup where it works correctly with the latest build?
Sep 2, 2013 at 2:02 AM
Yes. The activeforums.org site also uses default DNN editor. I haven't been able to determine why some work and some don't.

There are other settings that don't stick. It's odd. You can pick the setting, save it, go back in and look and it still appears correct. But after some roaming around you go back and it's back to text box.
Sep 2, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Where did your content originate from? Was it a fresh install with no content or an upgrade from previous version of AF or DNN forum?

That's what I have thought so far is the sites that weren't working were either migrated from DNN forum but I haven't been able to say for sure yet.
Sep 2, 2013 at 5:26 AM
My setup is an upgraded AF. When I upgraded to latest DNN I also upgraded from 4.x AF. I've been using AF since ... well seems like forever.