Cannot Get New Forum Group to Move Up UP

Aug 3, 2013 at 3:29 PM
I have Active Forum 4.8. And DNN version 6.2.7

I recently added two new forum groups but I cannot get them to move to up in the list of forum groups. I also tried moving the existing forum groups down but nothing will move. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Aug 3, 2013 at 8:24 PM
This might not be a helpful reply... I had the same issue way back when. I never could resolve it and I never got help ActiveModules back when it was a product I paid for. I just lived with the issue.
Aug 4, 2013 at 5:44 PM
In 2010 I had this answer from active modules. After changing the sort order in the database the problem was fixed.

_Hello,

The reason why this usually happens is because there is a sub-forum in the database that belongs to a forum that was previously deleted. There was an issue with older versions of Active Forums where deleteing a forum would not always delete the sub-forums.

Changing the sort order may fix the problem, but please look and make sure there are no forums or sub-forums in the database that do not appear in the control panel.

Ben
_
Editor
Aug 4, 2013 at 5:48 PM
That's what I was going to suggest. Go look at the sort order in the database. You should be able to move things around in there.

I have an issue with this as well but it's migrated data from DNN forum. And it's not consistent. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.