AF Toolbar Not Displaying in Groups

Apr 11, 2013 at 7:14 AM
I have AF on my social groups page. The AF toolbar is not being included in the page. If I remove the groupID from the URL, the toolbar is displayed.

In addition, I have two sites in development right now. On one site, the toolbar (when it is displayed) is expanded and doesn't look that great. On the other, the toolbar is collapsed and the search box is a nice looking popup. I don't see any javascript errors on page load. I don't know what the difference is in my configuration. I don't think anything, but I guess I'm not 100% sure of that.

I'm using 5.04 Beta 3 on DNN 7.05.
Apr 11, 2013 at 11:06 PM
An update on this.

I determined that that fact that I had a custom theme for AF is what caused the control bar to not display collapsed....although there wasn't anything different about my custom theme files. I even copied all of the current _default files over my theme to see if that mattered and it did not. It appears just having a custom theme selected causes the difference in display.

However, even with the default theme and default templates, I do not have the af toolbar displayed at all when there is a group ID in the URL.
Apr 13, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Just curious if anyone has successfully used the 5.04 Beta with social groups. By successful, I mean have the toolbar show up? Or has anyone tried and had the same result that I have?
Apr 14, 2013 at 6:37 PM
I haven't verified this, but I'm guessing this is currently by design.

I know there are some issues with using AF 5 with social groups. I haven't had time to look into the social group integration at all yet.