05.00.04 Beta 2 Posted

Coordinator
Mar 28, 2013 at 12:48 AM
I've just posted a second beta for 5.0.4

It includes the following changes and enhancements:
  • All search improvements included Beta 1
  • Added a mini user editor accessible from the post profile info display. This allows admins to edit a few pieces of forum related info for each user including Trust Level, Reward Points, User Caption and Signature.
  • Added "Create Post Count" and "Reply Post Count" to options to the Forum/Forum Group configuration in Control Panel. These can be used to specify the minimum number of posts a users must have in order to create and/or reply in a given forum. Trusted users are not subject to minimum post counts.
  • Fixed the moderation system.
  • Made a few changes to make loading of forum/group settings more resilient when upgrading from previous versions.
Notes
  1. To access the mini user editor, you may need to add the following tag to your ProfileInfo template: [AF:BUTTON:EDITUSER]
  2. If you installed Beta 1, you will need to run the following SQL script from the HOST menu (using 'Run as Script') in order to fix the moderation paths.

-- Update Moderation Paths
-- START SQL

UPDATE {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}CoreMessaging_NotificationTypeActions
SET APICall = N'DesktopModules/ActiveForums/API/ModerationService/ApprovePost'
WHERE APICall = N'DesktopModules/ActiveForums/API/ModerationService.ashx/ApprovePost'

SET APICall = N'DesktopModules/ActiveForums/API/ModerationService/RejectPost'
WHERE APICall = N'DesktopModules/ActiveForums/API/ModerationService.ashx/RejectPost'

SET APICall = N'DesktopModules/ActiveForums/API/ModerationService/DeletePost'
WHERE APICall = N'DesktopModules/ActiveForums/API/ModerationService.ashx/DeletePost'

SET APICall = N'DesktopModules/ActiveForums/API/ModerationService/IgnorePost'
WHERE APICall = N'DesktopModules/ActiveForums/API/ModerationService.ashx/IgnorePost'

-- END SQL
Be sure to paste in the entire SQL script.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

-JB
Developer
Mar 28, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Bravo JB, thank you for all your efforts!
Coordinator
Mar 29, 2013 at 2:53 AM
Just a heads up that I posted an update to beta 2 tonight. I fixed a couple of bugs that were affecting the postinfo template.