Path to forum icons changed after upgrade

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Edited Mar 25, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Had posted this over on ActiveModules and was asked to post it here.

Upgraded AF from 04.03.06-ENT-PA (DNN 6.1.5) to 5.0.3 (DNN 6.2.6). Now the forum images have failed. The path has had an images folder added to the path.
Was http:// ~ /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/grey/folder_new.png
Now http:// ~ /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/grey/images/folder_new.png
The obvious is to just add the missing folder and move the images. Just want to check if that is what I should do or should the install have written the folder and for some reason and failed?
Mar 25, 2013 at 11:57 PM
AF 5.0 only includes the "default" theme.

I would recommend using the default theme for now as it is likely to change a lot in the near future.

If you do want to maintain your own theme, you just need to make sure it has versions of all of the files.
Mar 26, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Thanks jb.. I see the images folder in _default and not the other themes however I now have another issue. I go to AF CP and get "An error has occurred" on every control button and can't change the theme.

I'm moving to 6.2.6 from 6.1.5 with Active Social and I know that AF 5 is not compatible with AS. AF 4.3 has integration with AS active. Do you think that I should disconnect that and change the theme to _default before upgrading AF.
Mar 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Do a repair install of AF 5.0.3 first and see if that makes a difference.

I wouldn't think that themes would affect the control panel at all.
Mar 26, 2013 at 9:10 PM
That fixed the error message but I'm still using the Grey theme.

On the CP now there is nowhere to change it to the default theme. Is there somewhere in the DB settings that I can change?

I Looked but nothing obvious.
Mar 26, 2013 at 9:46 PM
That's not in the control panel.

You need to go into the module settings (I know, it's confusing and not well documented).
Mar 26, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Edited Mar 26, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Excellent thanks jb ...

Now this "error' on the Topics Page

Error: Australian Caravan Motorhome and Campers Forum is currently unavailable.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Unable to cast object of type 'Active.Modules.Forums.Controls.PagerNav' to type 'DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Controls.PagerNav'. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Active.Modules.Forums.Controls.PagerNav' to type 'DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Controls.PagerNav'. at DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Controls.TopicsView.BuildPager() at DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Controls.TopicsView.BindTopics(String TopicsTemplate) at DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Controls.TopicsView.OnLoad(EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

The top bread crumb line on this page displays twice like this. Maybe something to do with the error.

Forums > RV Lifestyle > RV's and RV Lifestyle
Forums > RV Lifestyle

Line at bottom of list is okay - single line

Forums > RV Lifestyle > RV's and RV Lifestyle

The Topic page is okay. Any ideas?
Mar 26, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Take a look at your topics template and change any references to "Active.Modules.Forums" to "DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums"

That should resolve this issue for you.
Mar 27, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Thanks again but that didn't work. The only references are in the first Register line.

<%@ Register TagPrefix="am" Namespace="Active.Modules.Forums.Controls" Assembly="Active.Modules.Forums.40" %>

I changed to

<%@ Register TagPrefix="am" Namespace="DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Controls" Assembly="DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.40" %>

and then this error

Error: Australian Caravan Motorhome and Campers Forum is currently unavailable.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.40' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. ---> System.Web.HttpParseException: Could not load file or assembly 'DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.40' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. ---> System.Web.HttpParseException: Could not load file or assembly 'DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.40' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.40' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean forIntrospection) at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(String assemblyName, Boolean throwOnFail) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.LoadAssembly(String assemblyName, Boolean throwOnFail) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.AddAssemblyDependency(String assemblyName, Boolean addDependentAssemblies) at System.Web.UI.MainTagNameToTypeMapper.ProcessTagNamespaceRegistrationCore(TagNamespaceRegisterEntry nsRegisterEntry) at System.Web.UI.MainTagNameToTypeMapper.ProcessTagNamespaceRegistration(TagNamespaceRegisterEntry nsRegisterEntry) at System.Web.UI.BaseTemplateParser.ProcessDirective(String directiveName, IDictionary directive) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.ProcessDirective(String directiveName, IDictionary directive) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding fileEncoding) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessException(Exception ex) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding fileEncoding) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, VirtualPath virtualPath, Encoding fileEncoding) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, VirtualPath virtualPath, Encoding fileEncoding) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseInternal() at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse() at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseTemplateInternal(String content, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean ignoreFilter) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseControl(String content, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean ignoreFilter) at DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Controls.TopicsView.BindTopics(String TopicsTemplate) at DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Controls.TopicsView.OnLoad(EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

I was wondering if the reference - Assembly="DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.40 maybe should have been something like - Assembly="DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.50 but that didn't work either.
Mar 27, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Why is the .40 in there? It should just be DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums I believe.
Mar 27, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Don't know. I didn't put it there. Went back to some old development versions and they all have .40. Anyway I remove it and left as DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums and the error is gone.

Then I looked at the beadcrumb line in the Template and here it is.
<div class="afcrumb">[FORUMMAINLINK] > [FORUMGROUPLINK] > [FORUMLINK]</div> <div class="afcrumb">[FORUMMAINLINK] > [FORUMGROUPLINK]</div> <div class="aftitlelg">[FORUMLINK]</div> Now in the older versions on the file the template is.
<div class="afcrumb">[FORUMMAINLINK] > [FORUMGROUPLINK]</div> <div class="aftitlelg">[FORUMLINK]</div> So how the line - <div class="afcrumb">[FORUMMAINLINK] > [FORUMGROUPLINK] > [FORUMLINK]</div> got there is also a mystery. Or is it?

The file I used for the upgrade is ActiveForums_05.00.03_Install_DNN62.zip. I did have ActiveForums_05.00.03_Install_DNN7.zip but as I'm only going to 6.2.6 to try and successfully migrate from Active Social I use the ActiveForums_05.00.03_Install_DNN62.zip. Maybe should have used ActiveForums_05.00.02_Install.zip first.

Also should I go through all the templates and change the reference to DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums where Active.Modules.Forums exists. There are no errors on those views though.

I am going to go through the Migration again (about the 10th time) before doing it on the production site.