Need Info From Current AF Users

Coordinator
Mar 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Do you use these features, and of so, how do you use them:

Topic Properties
Topic Categories

The features add a fair amount of complexity to the code and I'm curious if they are adding any real value. To me, they are just an impediment to progress and as a developer I'd rather just ignore them for now (the UI for Topic Properties appears broken now anyway).
Mar 20, 2013 at 5:18 PM
I don't use these features.
Mar 20, 2013 at 7:56 PM
I am NOT using it - and I think it would be ok to remove those "features"
Developer
Mar 20, 2013 at 7:58 PM
not using
Mar 20, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Using Categories but not Properties. However, I can live without both.
Coordinator
Mar 20, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Thanks for the info all.

@Frozen: How are you using Categories?
Mar 21, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Topic Properties I use on some forums where I do some simple project management. It is very helpful but maintaining Properties doesn’t work good. I have no plans to update these forums to AF5 in the near future.

Topic Categories I don’t use (topic Labels I use a lot.)
Coordinator
Mar 21, 2013 at 10:39 PM
By topic labels are you referring to the "Resolved", "Unresolved", etc?
Mar 21, 2013 at 11:51 PM
I’m sorry didn’t translate, it’s tags that I use a lot.
Mar 29, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Using Topic properties can sometimes very helpful.

For example many of us have a forum with private ads where people can sell or buy items. On one of our forums we also use private ads but with some mandatory fields. We use among others the fields price, amount, age, description and a checkbox that you obey the forum rules.

I few year ago I made a separate form module with these fields and after sending that form it makes a new topic with these fields in a structured lay-out. Our members liked this a lot. But if we could do this with good working Topic properties it would be much better.
Mar 29, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Not using.
Mar 30, 2013 at 8:39 AM
I have a project I'm working on where I added a property for task status. I want to use AF to track tasks with clients. The AF status field currently (Informative, Resolved, Not Resolved) is not very useful. I would prefer to be able to customize the values for the status field.