Upgrade from 5.0.2 to 5.0.3

Mar 9, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Edited Mar 9, 2013 at 7:46 AM
I did another upgrade tonight from 5.0.2 to 5.0.3; wanted to share my experience.

Everything went fine. With the exception of the quick reply. I was getting an error CS0103 not available referring to imagetext blah blah. Someone on codeplex had mentioned it somewhere as an issue before. Doing a repair install corrected the issue.

I did notice one thing, the tag at the bottom of the module (before when quickreply failed) still said AF 5.0.2. I KNOW that I upgraded it. I'm sure of it. However it acted like it didn't upgrade.

I was also not able to edit permissions. The wheel would just spin and error out. This was fixed during reinstall too.

JB I will also tell you that I installed tapatalk and everything worked just fine. No issues at all. These guys are going to love tapatalk. They have been asking for it for a while.
Mar 11, 2013 at 9:59 PM
I'm not sure what's going on to cause people to have to do repair installs, but it does seem to fix many of the issues. Maybe the main DLL isn't getting overwritten properly because it's in use. That's more of a DNN thing. Maybe Will can provide some insight.

Glad to hear the Tapatalk module is working well for you. I'm not done working on it, I've just changed over to working on AF in my free time for a bit. Once this next version of AF is out the door, I'll probably switch back to the Tapatalk module for a bit. If you like it, don't forget to give it a good review... ;)