AF and other modules in the same page

Feb 15, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Edited Feb 15, 2013 at 10:20 AM
I have a couple of HTML module instances in the page where AF is.

It appears that i can't move the modules up/down or whatever. It doesn't stick. Apparently some conflict.

AF has problems when co-exist with other modules. WHY ? I do remember the Journal prohibited the upload functions.
Feb 15, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I don't know why it's happening to you. I have couple of modules on the same page as AF. I am using DNN 7 and AF 5 and I can move my modules around (even the html module).
Feb 15, 2013 at 8:33 PM
It doesn't happen only to me, there are open issues about it here from others users.

Apparently it happens in some systems.
Feb 15, 2013 at 8:35 PM
frozendnn wrote:
I don't know why it's happening to you. I have couple of modules on the same page as AF. I am using DNN 7 and AF 5 and I can move my modules around (even the html module).
Put a Journal instance in the same page as AF and try to use the attachment upload.
Feb 15, 2013 at 8:40 PM
I believe you.

I have not tried that (AF and Journal) combination. I am curious to know how you are using it. Do you have that website up? Can I see it?
Feb 15, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Edited Feb 15, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Feb 15, 2013 at 8:56 PM
The issue with the file upload not working on attachments is purely CSS related, and it's more the fault of the journal (which is modifying styles globally) rather than AF which is essentially the victim.

Moving modules is a DNN function. If that's not working, you can't blame AF either. Both of the errors you've listed come from the core, not AF.
Feb 15, 2013 at 9:00 PM
jbrunken wrote:
The issue with the file upload not working on attachments is purely CSS related, and it's more the fault of the journal (which is modifying styles globally) rather than AF which is essentially the victim.

Moving modules is a DNN function. If that's not working, you can't blame AF either. Both of the errors you've listed come from the core, not AF.
I have no doubt it is as you say but i run several modules (ex. from ventrian) and the only module i see conflicts is AF.

Not a major problem, still it need to be resolved somehow.