Problems with Forum sorting after DNNForum Conversion

Feb 14, 2013 at 5:17 PM
I don't know if anyone else will experience this or not, but in my testing of my new site I had problems with the sort order of the Forums. The Sort Order in the control panel wouldn't work either.

After digging into things a bit I found that most of my forums had a SortOrder of 1, doing a little more digging I found this came over from the DNNForm data.

I took the faster, instead of lazy programmer's, way of fixing this. I simply went into the activeforums_forums table and changed the sort order on the forms manually. The easy part of this is that the forums actually came cover in the order I want them sorted, in their individual groups, so changing the sort order field was easy to do. I just looked at the forumgroupid as I went down through the list manually changing them.

Sure I could have written a SQL script to do this, but sometimes it is just faster to brute force it.

Hopefully this helps someone else who might run into the same problem.
Feb 14, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Edited Feb 14, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Correct. The sorting doesn't work in my convertion also. The "movement" shows in the control panel, but it doesn't save.
Feb 15, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Edited Feb 15, 2013 at 3:05 AM
If anyone has experienced any Permission issues after the conversion, I just had to go through and reset the permissions on one of my groups to correct permissions. You have to login as a Super User to do this.

Basically the problem I was experiencing was that the Registered users on my forum couldn't view or reply to threads, but unregistered (not logged in) could see things fine.

For some reason, I couldn't edit individual forums, only the first group. I need to look into the conversion script to see if the issue comes from there (I assume so)
Feb 15, 2013 at 5:20 AM
yes that was also an issue, Skiank wrote about it.

we had to create new categories and move things in there and then manually check and fix.
Feb 15, 2013 at 5:41 AM
Edited Feb 15, 2013 at 5:58 AM
Also seem to have a problem editing replies, though these are replies to new posts, not just old imported ones, so I am not sure if it is an issue with the import, or maybe the URLMaster code, time to disable that and test.

UPDATE: Don't leave the DNNForum module on the page, even if you make it Admin only ;) That just causes chaos, trust me.

I can edit replies again