Issues with changing the forum settings

Feb 14, 2013 at 7:37 AM
I am using AF 5.03 and DNN 7.03.

In the AF control panel > Forums > Forum Group or Forum

When I click on the Name of the Forum Group or the Forum in the Group, all I see is the "Loading... Please wait." and the spinner and then nothing. I cannot proceed further to change the settings/permissions etc.

All other tabs work ( Templates, filters, tanks, tags etc.)

I had this issue before and Ben helped me then. I was wondering whether there is an easy solution to this. Can anyone please share?

Thanks.
Feb 14, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Edited Feb 14, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Feb 14, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Thanks but I have no idea what the issue is.
Feb 14, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Edited Feb 14, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Just checked in my test system, i don't see that problem. Do you have anything else (module) in that page ?
Feb 14, 2013 at 2:11 PM
You did install the version specifically built for DNN 7 right? The behavior you're describing sounds like what the 6.2 version does when it's run under 7.
Feb 14, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Are you getting any javascript errors on the page?
Feb 14, 2013 at 4:09 PM
I am using the correct AF version for DNN 7. There are no java script errors that I see.
Thanks
Feb 15, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Where would I see the Java Script errors? I don't see anything at the front end. All other tabs under the control panel work except forums. Even under that tab, I can create new forum. I just cant edit the old forums. When I try to edit it... the spinner just spins and then nothing. It does not log anything in the event log. Should it be logging anything anywhere? If yes, where can I find it?

Thanks.
Feb 15, 2013 at 4:13 AM
The first thing I would do is a Control-F5 on the page to make sure you browser isn't caching some old script somewhere. You'll need to pull up the developer console in your browser to see Javascript errors. How you do that varies from browser to browser. I prefer to use Firefox for debugging web problems like this. They have a plug in called "Firebug" that is invaluable for debugging site problems.
Feb 17, 2013 at 4:00 AM
Did not do any of the above mentioned but did upgrade the forum with the latest version and it started working. THank God!