What's New Module - Feature Request

Jan 29, 2013 at 1:29 AM

I dont know how many of you remember but the Whats's new module use to work differently before the AF 4 upgrade. 

You could show topics from selected froums on it. You can still do that but the topics are not pushed to the top when there is a new reply in that topic. Now they stay where they are.

The second thing:

All the replies are shown in the what's new forum. Previously only the last reply was displayed at the top from one topic. It worked like Forum viewer but a combined forum viewer,

I hope I make sense. I am sure some of you remember what I am saying. Maybe if it easy and Will provides the old code someone can include that in the what's new module.  

Thanks. 

Jan 29, 2013 at 1:35 AM
I just got my next test site ready on DNN 7 with AF installed. I have 1 site using AF now and I wasn't around when it was around before.

Does anyone have a public site with AF installed, using the whats new module that they would be willing to share with me? I'd love to see how others are using it.

I'm getting ready to deploy a new site for a rather large organization. AF is going to be used on it. The only other site I have using it has now accumulated 7 posts in the past 5 months. So it wasn't something they even use or are asking for features. Once we got the time zone issue fixed they were happy.

Jan 29, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Just to be clear, you're talking about AF3 right?   As far as I know, the current functionality works just like it did in AF4. 

Jan 29, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Yes, i am talking about AF3. I personally think the whats new module or latest topics module was better than AF4 only because we could use it as the combined forum viewer. The whats new module of AF$ works exactly like AF4. 

Like I said, if it can be easily done and if everyone else thinks its a good idea, maybe it can be considered. 

Thanks

Jan 29, 2013 at 2:44 AM

I believe you when you say it was nice.   I don't remember it but I don't think I used AF3 for very long before 4 came out.

If there is a developer that wants to tackle it, it probably wouldn't be super hard to do.   Personally, I have other things that I'd like to see added first (namely Tapatalk support).