Links in posts

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Hi.

Right now the links in posts have no different styling than the rest of the text and are "lost".

From where can i control this ?

Thanks

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2013 at 7:43 PM

You could add something like this to your portal CSS: 

.afpostbody a { text-decoration:underline; }
.afpostbody a img { text-decoration:none; }

Note that I haven't tested it, so some tweaking may be required.

Jan 27, 2013 at 7:49 PM

You mean to add it to the Module CSS (template) ?

It seems many css exist in AF directory not sure where to dig ....

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM

No, I wouldn't modify module.css as it gets overwritten when you upgrade.

I would use the Stylesheet Editor under Admin -> Site Settings

Jan 27, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Edited Jan 27, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Oh, i got it. Thanks for the tip !!

The problem is not the text-decoration because the underline shows if you hover.

It is the link color that is missing. I think this should be corrected also in the release css.

Jan 27, 2013 at 9:33 PM
jbrunken wrote:

You could add something like this to your portal CSS: 

.afpostbody a { text-decoration:underline; }
.afpostbody a img { text-decoration:none; }

Note that I haven't tested it, so some tweaking may be required.

No matter what i tried, it doesn't work for me. I can't make the links to appear in different color like elsewhere.

Developer
Jan 28, 2013 at 12:49 AM

I would suggest you check out this video and figure out how to do it yourself. Always better than having someone else do it for you

http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Resources/Video-Library/Viewer/Video/227/View/Details/Using-Firefox-And-Firebug-To-Find-HTML-And-CSS-In-DotNetNuke.aspx

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Chris thanks, helped a lot.

It seems that

.afpostbody styling (either in Site/Style or in the AF module.css) shows the color as stiked-trough, meaning that it is overidden by an other css.

Developer
Jan 28, 2013 at 1:38 AM

In Firebug if you scroll a bit you can likely find who is overriding it. Most likely it is your skin (if I had to take an educated guess)

Editor
Jan 28, 2013 at 1:39 AM
+1 on the firebug suggestion Christoc. I have been looking for something like this for a long time. I have used the inspect element feature in Chrome for a while and never even knew how powerful that was. Freaking unreal.

Thank you!
Developer
Jan 28, 2013 at 1:40 AM

@supermansrf most of the time I use Chrome, but when it really comes down to it, Firebug does things better. 

If you really want to see something funky, you should check out the 3D view that FireFox (not bug) has built in for looking at Z-index, perhaps I'll make a video of that tomorrow for fun

Coordinator
Jan 28, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Yeah, Firebug & Fiddler are 2 tools that every developer should have in their toolbox.

@Zaratustra - As a last resort you could always try adding "!important" to your styles.

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Edited Jan 28, 2013 at 1:56 AM
christoc wrote:

In Firebug if you scroll a bit you can likely find who is overriding it. Most likely it is your skin (if I had to take an educated guess)

My Skin is Dark Night. Unchanged.

I will have to call tomorrow  for help, this is far as i can go.

Can somebody make a post to his forum with a link and let me know if the link is without style (black/non underline) ? I would appreciate it.

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Ok, we are unable to find and fix this problem. It seems that something is canceling whatever we add.

I have checked that links style works in all other modules, HTML and Ventrian NA & PA. So it is something in AF.

So i would need at some point some help on this.

thanks

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Anybody Any ideas ?