AF 5 and Ckeditor

Dec 23, 2012 at 3:00 PM

A patch for AF to work ok with Ckeditor provider (as it should) has been suggested since August of 2012 by the programmer

http://activeforums.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/patches

but still shows "Being Evaluated".

Any ideas when it will be included (or not) ;

Ckeditor is BY FAR the best html provider/editor for DNN.

Thanks

Dec 23, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Sorry to hijack your thread, but can you tell me what features you like about CKEditor?   I installed it while I was helping you with the attachment issue, but I haven't really used it at all.

-JB

Dec 23, 2012 at 5:38 PM

I'm using Ckeditor (and FCKeditor before that) in all my websites, mine or customer's, DNN or not. 

I find it easier, faster, more stable, with often updates. I had some problems with the file manager (if i remember correctly) with the default DNN provider and some other problems and errors.

Dec 23, 2012 at 5:52 PM

OK, I'll have to give it a try once AF is fully compatible with it.   My big thing with the editor is image support.  My users like to post tons of images (from photobucket, etc) and that needs to be as easy as possible.

-JB

Dec 23, 2012 at 6:13 PM
Edited Dec 23, 2012 at 6:13 PM
jbrunken wrote:

OK, I'll have to give it a try once AF is fully compatible with it.   My big thing with the editor is image support.  My users like to post tons of images (from photobucket, etc) and that needs to be as easy as possible.

-JB

Well, to be honest, since we are given the option of html providers, every module should work with it. And most do respect that choice.

So should AF module.

Ingo (the developer) was informed by me for this small problem and he has provided a solution almost instantly. But from August until today nothing has been done about it from AF devs. Maybe they forgot about it.