DNN 7.0 RC

Nov 27, 2012 at 5:15 PM

This module is totally broken when used with DNN 7.0.0 RC.  Not sure if there is an upgrade planned, but its essentially useless as is.

Nov 27, 2012 at 6:19 PM
Edited Nov 27, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Steve, I'm currently testing AF 5.0.01 on top of DNN 7.0 RC on my laptop with no major issues (other than what's been reported here already in the Issues Tracker).  Can you provide more detail as to the specific errors/issues you are running into?  I'd like to try and reproduce them and get them into the issue tracker.  

Nov 27, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I installed a 7.0 RC.  I'm using Journal, Groups and Member Directory and Community Exchange.  I installed Active Forums and created a Forum Page.  I've got the Forum Mode set to Social Groups

When I create a new group I can't get a new forum group automatically created.  I thought there used to be an option for this?

When editing a Forum and trying to add a new role...Select the role from the dropdown and click on the + sign.  Loading, Please wait and the spinning wheel appear and that's it. Nothing further happens.

Same thing when trying to change a permission.  If you click on the Red dash or the green check mark to change a permission..you get the spinning wheel and then nothing.  Just continues to spin.

Nov 27, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Thanks, I'll try and repro these.

Nov 28, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Steve, I'm trying this using a clean DNN 7 and AF 5.0.1 installation and it forums within groups appear to be working fine.  I have a functional forum within each group, and the security options are functional.  Is there anything specific with your scenario I can try to reproduce?

Nov 28, 2012 at 1:50 AM
Edited Nov 28, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Please note that many of the group forum settings that were previously managed in the control panel are now in the module settings.  

Also, it appears that new posts and replies are not appearing in the group journal.

Coordinator
Nov 28, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Active Forums 5.0 uses the Service Framework that was introduced in 6.2 which is based on MVC.  In 7.0, this has been replaced with Web API, which means we need a new build of Active Forums for 7.0.  I started on this last week and expected to release the updated version shortly after 7.0 is released.  As Steven(Airstream) has mentioned, most of the Active Forums functionality will still work, but things like moderation tasks will fail.  

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I'm going to try a fresh install with the GA release of 7.0 this morning.  I'll let you know if there are any issues not related to the MVC services framework. Exciiting times!

Nov 28, 2012 at 2:43 PM
Edited Nov 28, 2012 at 3:18 PM

I've installed the GA release and see no difference.  This is a test site.  If you want credentials to see for yourself, please email me at steve.roth@schooldude.com

Nov 28, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Getting a Mail Delivery error on your email address. 

Nov 28, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Sorry.  See above for email address.

Developer
Dec 4, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Any idea when this module will be compatible with 7.0?  I tried to set up a new forum but I am not able to set permissions on the individual forums.  Can't proceed.

Dec 8, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I tried the AF5.0 with DNN7.0 and can't get any of the roles/ permissions to work at the Category, Forum or Subforum level.

Its really unusable without a decent permissions model.    Too bad there are no Third Party Forum modules out there.

YAF doesn't have the social integration. 

Developer
Dec 9, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Will sent me a note saying he is working on it and hopefully will have a new build posted this weekend.

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I hope this happens soon.

From what I can tell, AF 5.0 works well enough for me under 6.2.5, but I'd rather be able to just go straight to 7.0 when I decide to pull the trigger.

Dec 22, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Edited Dec 22, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Since I cannot add roles on my DNN 7.0.0 CE to both of my (5.0.1 - previously)  and 5.0.2 (currently) Active Forums just like steve_atlanta and berrytmb couldn't on theirs would someone guide me where to submit my vote in the Issue Tracker concerning this issue?

There are no errors in the logs and event viewer in my installation of DNN 7.0.0 CE, .NET 4.0, IIS 7.5.

Developer
Dec 22, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Hi Greg

That is a known issue with AF on DNN 7.0.  Specifically, it the difference in the web service architecture between DNN6.x and DNN 7.  Will M. is already aware of the issue and has said he is currently working on a fix.  The latest ETA is sometime next week.

Dec 23, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Edited Dec 23, 2012 at 1:15 PM

The question is the fixed version will work in 6.2x and 7x or only 7 ;

Because it is hard to move to 7 yet. Most 3rd party do not support it.

Developer
Dec 23, 2012 at 2:56 PM

The title of this thread is about DNN 7.0.   However, since DNN 6.x and DNN 7 have different web services architectures (MVC vs WebAPI), and much of AF uses DNN webservices, I'm guessing that there would need to be two separate releases, one for DNN6.x and one for DNN7.  I don't know what Will's plans are for that.

Dec 23, 2012 at 3:24 PM

It would be really nice to hear from Will on the release plan (improvements and timeline). Since the Forum is a key component of many websites, we need to plan around the AF5 and DNN7 Upgrade issues in the dark. And that is very uncomfortable.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8