Is one guy working on this project :?

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:54 PM

How much effort is going into keeping Active Forums alive in DNN?

More openness on time frames for release & status of issue tracking should be a priority if DNN is going to expect enterprise to embrace their platform.

Aug 10, 2012 at 6:54 PM

It is disheartening when you submit issues and days later it doesn't appear that they've been triaged yet.

I'm not sure who's working on this now, but if it's Will, he's probably busy finishing up the Active Modules migration script.   Maybe once that's done we'll see more activity.

Aug 20, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Unless your willing to fork over a few grand or more I doubt your gonna get much priority from DNN. If you just happen to have that much money to put into your project take a look at sitefinity by Telerik. Like all their other products they are making a lot of progress in getting fixes and features out the door on a regular release schedule.

The only reason to use DNN these days is if you already have a substantial investment in DNN, otherwise if your like me and just starting on your project there are better solutions out there. I am not flaming DNN because I do not think the CMS is capable but rather the Org behind it is not able to keep up with the rest of the world. They should spend less time and money on Marketing and put those efforts towards finishing the promised feature set.

Aug 27, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Edited Aug 27, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I hope that this project not died. I believe in a AF 5 as core module.

21 closed issues on a total of 51. Is a good result. Slow but good.